Speakers Include Libby Cantrill, Andrew Norris, Neale Goldston-Morris, and Martin Conlon
Morningstar Australasia Pty Limited, a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), today announced the agenda for its 11th annual Investment Conference for Australian financial advisers and stockbrokers, being held on Thursday, 18 May 2017 at The Westin Hotel Sydney. The theme of this year’s event, `Finding Order in the New Disorder,´ addresses the challenge of building effective portfolios in a world with growing geopolitical disorder, low interest rates, ever-changing regulations, and market uncertainties.
“We’ve assembled a first-rate line-up of experts to address key issues in portfolio construction, selection of asset classes and investment products, and improving client outcomes in retirement,” Heather Brilliant, CFA, Morningstar Australasia Chief Executive Officer, said. “Advisers will come away equipped with new insights into the challenges and opportunities presented by technology, the use of passive investment products, and other strategies and solutions to help their clients more effectively meet their investing and retirement goals.”
This year's keynote speaker is New York-based Libby Cantrill, CFA, Executive Vice President and Head of Public Policy, PIMCO, who helps coordinate the firm’s response to public policy issues and analyzes policy and political events for the firm’s Investment Committee. Other prominent speakers will include Andrew Norris, Managing Director, Portfolio Manager/Analyst, Lazard Asset Management in New York; Neale Goldston-Morris, Senior Investment Analyst, Bennelong Australian Equity Partners; Martin Conlon, Head of Australian Equities, Schroders; and Anne Anderson, Head of Fixed Income, Australia and Managing Director, UBS.
Morningstar’s Brilliant will share the company’s recent research on fund managers by gender. Scott Burns, Morningstar Head of Product Solutions, Chicago, will discuss technological opportunities and disruptions faced by asset managers; Anthony Serhan, CFA, Morningstar Managing Director, Research Strategy, Asia-Pacific, will present on the role of financial planning on structuring retirement assets; and Tim Murphy, CFA, CAIA, Morningstar Australasia Director of Manager Research, will present research on the gap between investor returns and reported fund returns.
Attendees will be able to select from streams that address major issues in managed fund investing and direct investing. Panel discussions will feature investment leaders, including:
- Coleen Barbeau, Senior Vice President, Director of Global Growth Portfolio Management, Franklin Templeton, New York
- Daniel McDonagh, Head of Portfolio Management - Europe & UK, Pyrford, London
- Jeffrey A. Johnson, Principal, Head of Investment Strategy Group, Vanguard Asia-Pacific
- Anujeet Sareen, Portfolio Manager, Legg Mason Global Asset Management, Philadelphia
- Jonathan Shead, Head of Portfolio Strategists, APAC, State Street Global Advisors
- Russel Chesler, Director, Investments & Portfolio Strategy, VanEck
Other featured speakers from Morningstar include:
- Christopher Douglas, Director, Manager Research Ratings, APAC, Morningstar Australasia
- Andrew Lill, Chief Investment Officer, Asia-Pacific, Morningstar Investment Management Australia
- Adam Fleck, Regional Director of Equity Research, Morningstar Australasia
- Michael Malseed, Senior Analyst, Manager Research, Morningstar Australasia
- Tim Wong, Associate Director, Fixed-Income Strategies, Manager Research, Morningstar Australasia
- Bianca Rose, Senior Portfolio Manager, Morningstar Investment Management Australia
- David Ellis, Head of Australian Banking Research, Morningstar Australasia
- Johannes Faul, Equity Analyst, Consumer and Retail, Morningstar Australasia
- Brian Han, Senior Equity Analyst, Telecommunications, Media, and Gaming, Morningstar Australasia
- Miriam Sjoblom, Director, Fixed-Income Strategies, Manager Research, Morningstar Research Services LLC, Chicago
- Kunal Kotwal, Senior Fund Analyst, Manager Research, Morningstar Australasia
Continuing Professional Development Points
Attendees will be eligible to apply for Financial Planning Association-accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points. Attendees for the 2016 conference received 6.00 points.
Morningstar Australasia is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc., a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisers, asset managers, retirement plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the private capital markets. Morningstar provides data and research insights on a wide range of investment offerings, including managed investment products, publicly listed companies, private capital markets, and real-time global market data. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its investment advisory subsidiaries, with more than US$200 billion in assets under advisement and management at 31 December 2016. The company has operations in 27 countries.