Enhancements Boil Down Complex Accounting Tasks To Single Click
Eze Software Group has rolled out a series of enhancements to its back-office operations workflows for private equity funds, simplifying a series of complex tasks to a single click. Eze Investor Accounting (formerly known as Penny-It-Works) handles partnership and investor accounting for some of the largest hedge funds and their administrators. It is now extending its reach into private equity by automating some PE-specific complex processes, such as waterfall schedules, with its v12.3 release.
“Institutional investors are demanding more concessions from private equity firms, thus making already complex waterfalls more elaborate. The new version of Eze Investor Accounting enhances market-leading technology to handle these new nuances without sacrificing ease of use,” said Ron Kashden, Managing Director, Eze Investor Accounting.
Enhancements to Eze Investor Accounting include:
- Simplified distributions according to a waterfall schedule. Users now can enter the total, or deal-by-deal distribution for the fund, and the system will allocate the amounts based upon the waterfall as well as determine the hypothetical liquidation—all of which is available for reporting on statements or internal reports.
- Waterfall details are now available on customizable partner statements.
- Management calls for capital can now be excluded from the unfunded balance, simplifying unfunded balance calculations.
- Calculation of interest for preferred return tiers has also been simplified. Funds can now manage the waterfall definition to determine whether the interest should stop once capital is returned. Likewise, the waterfall definition can be changed to compound interest annually.
- Internal rate-of-return data overrides for calls and distributions, and
- Enhanced intelligence for follow-on commitments.
Eze Investor Accounting is the new name of TKS Solutions’ Penny-It-Works shareholder and limited partner accounting application, which joined Eze Software Investment Suite after a merger in late 2015. It is known for tackling complex fund structures with straightforward functionality, allowing firms to leverage their fund accountants by systematizing complex tasks and freeing them to perform higher-level review.
Eze Software Group is a premier provider of global investment technology to support the front, middle and back office. The Eze Software Investment Suite addresses the core business needs of the asset management community, including Order Management, Trade Execution & Analytics, Portfolio Analytics & Modeling, Compliance & Regulatory Reporting, Commission Management, Data Management and Portfolio & Investor Accounting. Eze Software partners with more than 2,000 buy- and sell-side institutions in 30 countries across North and South America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. Clients include hedge funds, institutional asset managers, mutual funds, pension funds, endowments, family offices, wealth managers, and broker-dealers across a range of strategies, investment products, and asset classes. Based in Boston, Eze Software employs more than 1,000 associates in 15 offices worldwide.