Morningstar India, a wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, is holding its fourth annual Morningstar Investment Conference, 11-12 November at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai, Santacruz East, Mumbai. The conference features top money managers, brokers, institutional investors, financial advisors, and Morningstar leaders and analysts sharing insight and debating topics affecting investors in India.
Featured speakers for the event are Prashant Saran, Executive Director, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), and Deepak Mohanty, Executive Director, Reserve Bank of India. On 11 November, Mr. Saran's speech will open the conference, and Mr. Mohanty will give the keynote address about his outlook for the Indian economy.
The first day of the conference offers a general look at the current investing landscape. The sessions cover a wide range of topics that include an overview of the global macroeconomic environment; the outlook for India’s fixed-income and equity markets; the relevance of value investing in India; gold and international investing as effective portfolio diversifiers; and opportunities among alternate investments. Other presentations will provide insight into the Morningstar® Stewardship Rating for Stocks and its use in assessing management’s stewardship of shareholder capital; the Morningstar Analyst Rating™ for funds and its track record; and the utility of mutual funds as a retirement solution in India.
The second day of the conference is a forum specifically designed for financial advisors, featuring Morningstar analysts and experts discussing strategies for risk management, asset allocation, portfolio construction, and the changing landscape for advisors in India.
Other scheduled speakers for the conference include:
• Abhay Aima, Group Head – Equities and Private Banking Group, Third Party Products, NRI and International Consumer Business, HDFC Bank
• Ajay Bagga, Executive Chairman, OPC Asset Solutions
• Amandeep Chopra, Group President, Head – Fixed Income, UTI AMC
• Andrew Holland, CEO, Ambit Holdings
• Anoop Bhaskar, Head – Equity, UTI AMC
• Ashish Chauhan, MD and CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange
• Ashish Kehair, Executive Vice President, ICICI Securities
• Bharat Banka, Senior President, Aditya Birla Group
• Bharat Shah, Executive Director, ASK Group
• C. Jayaram, Joint MD, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
• Chandresh Kumar Nigam, CEO, Axis AMC
• Dean Junkans, CIO, Wells Fargo Private Bank
• Deepak Mohanty, Executive Director, Reserve Bank of India
• Dhruv Mehta, Investment Advisor
• Harsha Viji, CEO, Sundaram AMC
• Karan Bhagat, MD and CEO, IIFL Wealth Management
• Kenneth Andrade, Head – Investments, IDFC AMC
• Lakshmi Iyer, Head – Fixed Income and Products, Kotak AMC
• Madhusudan Kela, Chief Investment Strategist, Reliance Capital
• Mahesh Patil, Co-CIO, Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Ltd.
• Maneesh Dangi, Co-CIO, Birla Sunlife Asset Management Company
• Nilesh Shah, MD and CEO, Axis Capital Ltd.
• Nilesh Shah, Director and CEO, Envision Capital
• Parag Parikh, Chairman and CEO, PPFAS AMC
• Prashant Jain, CIO, HDFC AMC
• Prashant Saran, Whole Time Member, SEBI
• Punita Kumar Sinha, Managing Partner, Pacific Paradigm Advisors
• Raghav Iyengar, Executive Vice President and Head – Retail and Institutional Business, ICICI Prudential AMC
• Rajesh Krishnamoorthy, MD, iFast Financials India Pvt. Ltd.
• Rajiv Bajaj, Vice Chairman and MD, Bajaj Capital
• Rohit Sarin, Co-Founder, Client Associates
• Sandip Ghose, Director, NISM
• Sanjoy Bhattacharya, Managing Partner, Fortuna Capital
• Sankaran Naren, CIO, ICICI Prudential AMC
• Santosh Kamath, CIO – Fixed Income, Franklin Templeton AMC
• Sundeep Sikka, CEO, Reliance AMC
• Sunil Singhania, CIO – Equities, Reliance AMC
• Uma Shashikant, MD, CIEL
• Vikram Kuriyan, Executive Director, Centre of Investment, ISB
Featured speakers from Morningstar include:
• Andrew Lill, Chief Investment Officer, Asia-Pacific, Morningstar Investment Management group
• Dhaval Kapadia, Director Investment Advisory, Morningstar Investment Adviser India
• Grant Kennaway, Director of Manager Research, Asia-Pacific
• Haywood Kelly, Head of Global Research
• Joel Bloomer, Head of Equity and Credit Research, Asia-Pacific
• Michael Coop, Head of Multi-Asset Strategies, Morningstar Investment Management group
• Mona Agrawal, Investment Strategist, Morningstar Investment Adviser India
• Niranjan Risbood, Director of Manager Research, India
Registration for the full conference including two lunches, one cocktail dinner, and refreshments during both days costs INR 8000 per person, including taxes.