We are a community of ardent problem-solvers and strong client partners. With more than 100 employees across four global offices and a 100% client retention rate, our mission is to deliver best practice solutions with accurate real-time data so that asset managers can efficiently manage investments and trading.
Black Mountain’s Everest empowers portfolio managers, traders, analysts, compliance and risk officers, and technologists across the enterprise to interact with their data in a unified, intuitive, and highly-customizable environment so they can conduct in-depth analysis and discover valuable insights.
Wasmer, Schroeder & Co: A Solution to Achieve Efficiency & Scalability in Trading Operations
As an SMA manager managing over 2000 individual accounts, Wasmer, Schroeder & Company was seeking technology that would enable their business to scale quickly while enhancing processes between their front and middle office teams and decreasing administrative overhead. Specifically, they were looking to build a more robust portfolio compliance capability, a streamlined trade order management process that required less input from their staff, and a trade allocation process that efficiently integrated their portfolio management program. In our partnership with Wasmer, Schroeder & Company, our goal was to develop and implement a best-practice solution that tailored to the unique challenges and needs of their business in the municipal market.
- 80% time-savings for administrative team; 10-20% time-savings for traders and portfolio managers
- Highly configurable trade workflow, data and reporting that coordinates trading between the Portfolio Manager, Trader and Operations
- Automated trade allocations subject to configurable portfolio compliance requirements and allocation methodologies
- Bid- and offer-wanted processes & FIX connectivity (to Bloomberg VCON & The Muni Center) enabling two-way integration with third-party trade execution and settlement platforms
Custom Trade Workflow
Trade workflow, data, documentation, and reporting capabilities that coordinate trading between the Portfolio Manager, Traders and the Middle Office
Comprehensive Trade Management & Review
Central location to monitor trade activity and allocation detail across the investment platform
- Integrating trading with real time positions, security master data, compliance controls, middle office functions and unique approval processes
The Black Mountain Systems Solution
- OMS module helps improve trading operational efficiency by organizing and streamlining the daily workflow associated with trading all asset classes including Floating and Fixed Rate Debt, Bank Loans, Municipal Debt, ABS/MBS, Swaps and Derivatives
A Feature Rich Product Offering
- Supports a comprehensive set of global investment instruments with a built-in security modeling tool, foreign exchange support and integration to proprietary and third-party security masters
- Offers highly configurable trade workflow, data, documentation, and reporting that coordinates trading between the Portfolio Manager, Trader and the Middle office
- Automates trade allocations subject to configurable portfolio compliance requirements and allocation methodologies. Handles strips, trade splits, and multi-legged swap trades
- FIX capability enables two-way integration with third-party trade execution and settlement platforms