Chosen by the Readers of ETF Express
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NDAQ) the market leading provider of innovative, transparent indexes, has been named "Most Innovative Index Provider" by ETF Express. Award winners were chosen based on votes cast by readers of ETF Express, which includes investors, fund managers, fund administrators, custodians, advisers, and distributors.
"Being voted the Most Innovative Index Provider by ETF Express indicates that the investment community at large recognizes our continued efforts within index design and innovation," said John Jacobs, Executive Vice President, NASDAQ OMX. "This award further emphasizes that 2013 was a breakout year for NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, as we launched approximately 25,000 new indexes and became one of the only index providers to have globally licensed exchange-traded products covering the major asset classes."
In 2013, NASDAQ OMX licensed indexes resulting in over 40 new Exchange-traded Products bringing innovative methodologies to the market covering equities, commodities and fixed income. Assets tracking NASDAQ OMX indexes via exchange-traded products increased by $37 billion during 2013 resulting in over $92 billion in assets under management tracking 150 products .
2013 Milestones for NASDAQ OMX Indexes:
- Licensed the NASDAQ-100 Index for the first cross border ETF to list in China
- Partnered with Accretive Asset Management to co-brand the BulletShares Index family, the leading target maturity fixed income index suite
- Launched the NASDAQ International Buyback Index
- Launched over 13,000 indexes expanding the NASDAQ Global Index family for equity market coverage
- Expanded the Dividend Income family with Credit Suisse Gold and Silver FLOWS Indexes, the US Rising Dividend Achievers Index, and the BulletShares High Yield and Corporate Debt Ladder Indexes
- Highlights of select ETF launches in 2013:
- The Guotai NASDAQ-100 ETF
- Vanguard U.S. Dividend Appreciation Index CAD – hedged
- The International Multi-Asset Diversified Income Index Fund
- Guggenheim BulletShares High Yield and Corporate Bond ETFs
NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes has been creating innovative, market-leading, transparent indexes since 1971. Today, our index offering spans geographies and asset classes and includes diverse families such as Dividend and Income (including Dividend AchieversTM), Global equity, Nordic, Fixed Income (including BulletShares®), Green Economy, Commodity, and Sharia Indexes. We continuously offer new opportunities for financial product sponsors across a wide-spectrum of investable products and for asset managers to measure risk and performance. NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes also provides custom index services and design solutions.
Daily index values, weightings and historical data for NASDAQ OMX indexes are available via NASDAQ OMX Global Index Watch and NASDAQ OMX Global Index Data Service.