- Tata Consultancy Services Japan Limited (TCS Japan), IT Frontier Corporation (ITF), MC’s 100% IT subsidiary and Nippon TCS Solution Center Limited (NTSC), to merge as a single new entity
- The merger will create a strong IT services unit with a base of over 2400 associates in Japan
- The entity will have revenues over $600 million per annum
- TCS will have 51% equity, MC will have 49% equity
- This transaction enables TCS to serve a number of leading Japanese corporations as its strategic customer
- The transaction is expected to close by June 2014
Tata Consultancy Services (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm announced that it has signed definitive agreements with Mitsubishi Corporation (MC), one of Japan’s largest integrated business enterprises to merge TCS Japan, ITF and NTSC. TCS will hold 51% in the merged entity, MC to hold 49%. The merged entities will be operational from July 2014.
Commenting on the transaction, N Chandrasekaran, CEO and Managing Director, TCS, said, “This strategic transaction signifies our serious commitment to the Japan market. TCS will now have the scale, strong local presence and our full range of global capabilities to serve the Japanese corporations effectively and accelerate our growth in the Japan market.
He added: “We deeply value the partnership with Mitsubishi Corporation and look forward to leveraging our mutual strengths in the Japan market.”
The transaction will create a new IT Services company of significant scale in the Japanese market. ITF brings its long standing relationships with Japanese corporations, talented workforce and competencies in industries like retail, distribution and trading. This will complement TCS’ deep domain knowledge, technology expertise and strong execution track record. TCS’ Global Network Delivery Model (GNDMTM) capabilities will also enable the Japanese corporations’ globalization ambitions. The company will provide tremendous additional value to clients in Japan; while employees will secure the advantages of building their careers in a global organization.