Automated Report Formatting and Direct Connectivity to Regulatory Authorities Simplify Compliance for Allegro Users
Allegro Development Corporation, a leading provider of energy trading and risk management (ETRM) software, announced today the release of two key software offerings designed to help companies report trading and business activities to regulatory authorities in the United States and the European Union.
Allegro's enhanced FERC reporting software component, FERC Connect 8.2, automates the extraction and compilation of detailed power sales transaction information for Electric Quarterly Reporting, and provides regulatory compliance with FERC Order 768. Order 768 effectively refined the Commission's existing filing requirements by eliminating some original data fields and including additional new data to be reported such as identifying the exchange used for a sales transaction, reporting whether a broker was used to consummate a transaction and reporting standardized prices and quantities for energy, capacity, and booked out power transactions. FERC Connect 8.2 is fully compliant with every requirement included in Order 768.
Allegro's Derivatives Regulation 8.2 solution expands the functionality designed to help organizations involved in global hedging strategies meet evolving regulations represented by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in the U.S., as well as Europe's combined European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT). These combined regulations affect the way enterprises report, clear, track and manage power and gas trading and derivatives.
In addition to automating specific compliance processes, both releases integrate seamlessly with the Allegro 8 platform and offer flexible functionality to allow easy adaptation to comply with evolving government standards. Business benefits of these new and updated components include:
- Transparent views of real-time positions, trades and transactions across all commodities.
- Documentation of every transaction with a single platform that eliminates dual entry, improves data accuracy and aggregates all data for complete reporting.
- Complete audit trails to ensure compliance with company strategy and ability for management to monitor performance, user activity and overall compliance status.
- Increased profitability and ability to capture market opportunity with accurate valuation.
- Greater staff efficiency with streamlined business processes and approvals, reducing the time and manual effort required to manage complex, error-prone spreadsheets.