EDHEC-Risk Institute is pleased to announce that three new members have joined its international advisory board, which brings together distinguished scholars, representatives of regulatory bodies as well as senior executives from business partners and other leading institutions.
The role of the international advisory board is to validate the relevance and goals of the research programme proposals presented by the centre’s management and to evaluate research outcomes with respect to their potential impact on industry practices.
The 40 members of the board also advise on the objectives and contents of projects deriving from the expertise of the research centre, thereby ensuring that graduate and executive programmes remain at the forefront of developments in the marketplace.
The three new members are as follows:
o Henrik Gade Jepsen, Chief Investment Officer, ATP
o David Iverson, Head of Asset Allocation, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
o Mr Thomas Laux, Chief Risk Officer, Eurex Clearing AG
Henrik Gade Jepsen, Chief Investment Officer, ATP
Henrik Gade Jepsen is the CIO of ATP. Henrik joined ATP in 1999 from Realkredit Danmark, one of the leading Danish mortgage banks. Prior to that, Henrik worked as an economist in the Danish Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund in Washington, D.C.
Henrik Gade Jepsen is the Chairman of the Board of ATP Real Estate, ATP Private Equity Partners, ATP Alternative Investments, ATP Timberland Invest, ATP Fondsmæglerselskab, NOW: Pensions Investments Fondsmæglerselskab, and Via Venture Partners. He is member of the board of the Danish bank FIH Erhvervsbank.
Henrik has been a part-time lecturer in Macroeconomics at Copenhagen Business School and Aarhus University, Denmark. He holds a MSc degree in Economics from Aarhus University.
David Iverson, Head of Asset Allocation, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
David Iverson is Head of Asset Allocation with the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation. In this role he is responsible for the team that supports the Fund’s long-term benchmark (reference portfolio) and risk capital allocation within the strategic tilting programme and across the Fund’s other value-add activities.
Prior to starting with the Fund, David was Director of Institutional Investment Services and Quantitative Research at Goldman Sachs JB Were, responsible for advising equity fund managers and sales of institutional pension products to New Zealand based institutional funds.
David has previously worked with Russell Investment Group's Institutional Investment Services division in New Zealand as Head of Consulting. He was responsible for the investment consulting practice and the provision of consulting services to key public and private sector institutional clients, such as Crown financial institutions, superannuation funds, local councils and charitable trusts.
In early years, David was the Regional Risk Manager with ING Investment Management (Asia-Pacific). In this role he developed and implemented a firm wide risk management framework in several Asia-Pacific offices.
Prior to this he was Equity and Quantitative Strategist at ABN Amro New Zealand responsible for financial valuation and modelling, equity market analysis, portfolio construction and financial market research.
Thomas Laux, Chief Risk Officer, Eurex Clearing AG
Thomas Laux is Chief Risk Officer of Eurex Clearing AG and has been a Member of the Executive Board of Eurex Clearing AG since April 2013. Thomas Laux joined Eurex Clearing in 2006 and has been Head of Risk Design since May 2010. Since then, he has been responsible for further developing the risk management system and default management process of the central counterparty Eurex Clearing.
Prior to joining Eurex Clearing in 2006, Thomas Laux spent six years at Deutsche Börse IT, working in a variety of positions on group-wide strategic projects, among them the specification of the clearing system.
He holds a dual degree MBA from Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany, and the Fuqua Business School in North Carolina, USA.
Members of EDHEC-Risk Institute’s International Advisory Board:
· Chairman: Mr Tomas Franzén, Chief Investment Strategist, AP2 - Andra AP-fonden.
· Mr Christopher Ailman, Chief Investment Officer, CalSTRS.
· Mr Noël Amenc, Professor of Finance, Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute.
· Mr Mark Anson, Chief Investment Officer, Bass Family Office.
· Mr Stefan Bichsel, Executive Board Member and Head of the Asset Management & Trading Division, BCV and former Chairman, EFAMA.
· Mr David Blackwood, Group Finance Director, Yule Catto & Co.
· Mr Ashvin B. Chhabra, Chief Investment Officer, Head of Investment Management and Guidance, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management.
· Mr Tai Tee Chia, Chief Risk Officer, Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC).
· Mr James Davis, Vice President, Investment Planning & Economics, Asset Mix & Risk, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP).
· Mr Philippe Desfossés, Chief Executive Officer, ERAFP (French Public Service Additional Scheme).
· Mr Alain Dubois, Chairman, Lyxor Asset Management.
· Mr Mark Fawcett, Chief Investment Officer, NEST Corporation.
· Mr Patrick Fenal, Deputy Chairman, Unigestion.
· Mr Henrik Gade Jepsen, Chief Investment Officer, ATP Group.
· Mr Peter Gunning, Global Chief Investment Officer, Russell Investments.
· Mr David Iverson, Head of Asset Allocation, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
· Mr Joseph John Jelincic, Jr, Member of the Board of Administration, CalPERS.
· Mr Fathi Jerfel, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Amundi.
· Mr Theo Jeurissen, past Chairman of the International Advisory Board, EDHEC-Risk Institute, former Chief Investment Officer, PMT
· Mr Gérard de Lambilly, Secretary General, Newedge.
· Mr Jean-Louis Laurens, Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer, Rothschild & Cie Gestion.
· Mr Thomas Laux, Chief Risk Officer, Eurex Clearing AG.
· Mr Xavier Lépine, Chairman, La Française AM.
· Mr Stuart Lewis, Chief Risk Officer, Deutsche Bank AG.
· Mr François-Serge Lhabitant, Affiliate Professor, EDHEC Business School and Chief Executive Officer, Kedge Capital.
· Mr Timo Löyttyniemi, Managing Director, Valtion Eläkerahasto (The State Pension Fund, Finland).
· Mr Philippe Marchessaux, Head of BNP Paribas Investment Partners and CEO of BNP Paribas Asset Management.
· Mr François Marion, Chief Executive Officer, CACEIS.
· Mr Lionel Martellini, Professor of Finance, Scientific Director of EDHEC-Risk Institute.
· Mr Joseph Masri, Head of Risk Management, Qatar Investment Authority (QIA).
· Mr Gumersindo Oliveros, Chief Executive Officer, KAUST Investment Management Company.
· Mr Chong Tee Ong, Deputy Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
· Mr Bruno de Pampelonne, President, Tikehau Investment Management and Chairman, EDHEC Alumni.
· Mr Olivier Rousseau, Executive Director, Fonds de Réserve pour les Retraites (French Pension Reserve Fund)
· Mr Günther Schiendl, Director and CIO, VBV-Pensionskasse.
· Mr Laurent Seyer, Global Head of Investment Solutions, AXA Investment Managers.
· Mr Philippe Teilhard de Chardin, CEO, Advisors and Partners.
· Mr Jaap van Dam, Managing Director Investment Strategy, PGGM.
· Mr Jean-Paul Villain, Director of the Strategy Unit, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
· Mr Dan Waters, Managing Director, ICI Global.