Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it will be hosting a webinar featuring industry analyst group, Gartner, entitled, “Flexible IT: How Carrier Neutral Colocation can Optimize IT Infrastructure, Improve Application Performance and Increase Business Value” on July 11 at 9am PT/12 pm ET. Brian Lillie, CIO, Equinix will be presenting with featured guest, Bob Gill, research director, Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure Group, Gartner.
For today’s IT leaders, the challenge is to deliver more IT utility anytime, anywhere, on any device. To be successful, enterprises must transform to a new model that enables flexible IT services to meet end-user expectations and increases business value. Join featured analyst firm Gartner and Equinix in an informative research webinar discussing how colocation/interconnection service offerings enable enterprises to improve application performance, reduce costs and leverage cloud computing.
In this webinar attendees will learn about:
- The latest Gartner research on colocation’s market size and its increasing value for today’s global enterprise
- The critical role of colocation in an enterprise’s data center strategy and how it can be a stepping stone to the cloud
- How to increase network and application flexibility, reliability, security and manageability, while reducing costs
- How to deploy within 10 milliseconds of latency to 90 percent of North America, Europe and key markets in Asia-Pacific and Latin America for better end-user experience
- Re-architecting the Enterprise WAN to better match capacity with application and end-user demand while reducing total cost of ownership
- The benefits of directly connecting to a broad range of network and technology service providers
Additionally, Lillie will present an “Equinix on Equinix” case study – exploring how the company transformed its own IT infrastructure by leveraging the services available within Equinix’s data centers and thereby providing a simple model for other enterprises to follow.
Brian Lillie, CIO, Equinix: “The world of IT is changing significantly, driven by social media, cloud, big data and mobile trends. These forces are increasing the strategic importance of the enterprise WAN and the growing need for a more flexible IT architecture. I’m excited to share some of the steps we’ve taken to achieve this type of environment for Equinix through some of the many services providers within Platform Equinix and our global footprint of IBX data centers.”