- Citi wins 20 awards globally
- Citi named "Best Global Emerging Markets Bank"
- Citi named "Best Global Emerging Markets Equity House"
Euromoney, the preeminent global financial markets magazine, recognised Citi as “Best Global Emerging Markets Bank” and “Best Global Emerging Markets Equity House” at its annual Awards for Excellence dinner last evening in London.
Euromoney said, “As global macroeconomic concerns, regulatory requirements and market pressures for cost-cutting bite universal-banking rivals, Citi continues to position its core global franchise in emerging markets, across retail, corporate and investment banking. As credit expansion continues to outpace nominal GDP growth in developing markets, the bank has reaped the subsequent growth in loans, deposits and earnings.”
The two global awards were among 20 won by Citi, including a number of top regional awards: Best Bank in Africa, Best Investment Bank in Central and Eastern Europe and Best Equity House in North America.
The Euromoney Awards for Excellence are in their 22nd year and are recognised as among the most prestigious in the financial services industry.
Below is a list of Citi’s Euromoney award wins in all regions except for Asia, which will be announced at a dinner in Hong Kong next week:
- Best Global Emerging Market Bank
- Best Global Emerging Market Equity House
- Best Bank in Africa
- Best Cash Management House in Africa
- Best Investment Bank in Central and Eastern Europe
- Best M&A House in UAE
- Best Debt House in Russia
- Best Debt House in Turkey
- Best M&A House in Spain
- Best Flow House in Latin America
- Best Cash Management House in Latin America
- Best Debt House in Chile
- Best Investment Bank in the Caribbean
- Best Investment Bank in Central America
- Best Equity House in North America