Infosys is launching a BigDataEdge data mining tool to try to simply the task of analysing so-called ‘big data’ volumes to discover key insights into corporation’s customers, operations or procedures.
The new software tool, which Infosys says has a near real-time delivery capability, can be customised for specific industries such as retail, telecoms or finance. It pulls structured and unstructured data from multiple sources such as loyalty programmes, customer transactions and social media channels into one dashboard. It can then produce an analysis that can be used by treasurers or the boardroom to win new customers, improve efficiency and internal procedures, or to assist in making strategic planning decisions.
Infosys adds that the BigDataEdge data mining software can be ordered so that the vendor is only paid on a ‘return on investment’ basis, inviting potential customers to contact them for full details. The firm also states that its new launch can be added on top of existing hardware, potentially cutting installation costs.
New functionality in the Infosys BigDataEdge product includes:
- A rich visual interface with more than 50 customisable dashboards and 250 built-in algorithms. These algorithms, a set of reusable business rules both function and industry-specific, enable business teams to self-serve the process of building insights while minimising the need for technical intervention.
- Over 50 data source connectors, which allow easy access to structured and unstructured data residing across enterprise and external sources. This would enable acceleration of discovery of relevant information from existing, underutilised data.
- A powerful collaboration wall and pre-built workflows that allow teams across functions to interact on insights and collectively implement decisions.
- A Logical Data Warehouse providing a virtual data management architecture, eliminates the need for physical availability of data to build and test insights.
- ‘Out-of-the-box’ applications for specific industry needs such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation that deliver faster returns on investment.
Commenting on the new platform, Vishnu Bhat, vice president and global head of cloud computing at Infosys, said: “Enterprises today cannot afford to spend an inordinate amount of time making sense of the data deluge that surrounds them. Infosys BigDataEdge draws upon our research and development capabilities and expertise in big data analytics to help clients turn data into revenues faster.”