Alignment with SQL Server 2012 Coming Soon
As a dependable digital gateway for importing raw client data, preparing financial statements, making adjustments and exporting results, ProSystem fx® Engagement is a powerful nerve center of audit activity for firms staying a step ahead of their clients’ needs. Engagement also enjoys seamless integration with ProSystem fx® Knowledge Coach, the Knowledge-Based Audit™ methodology tool serving as a dynamic GPS for guiding auditors. Soon, both solutions will add support for Microsoft Corp.’s SQL Server 2012 providing customers peace of mind knowing CCH solutions will support SQL Server 2012 upgrades and ensure a smooth database transition. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services.
Enhanced ProSystem fx Engagement Slated for Summer Release
ProSystem fx Engagement and Knowledge Coach will be SQL Server 2012-compatible with the enhanced release coming out this summer. The updated Engagement solution will support SQL Server 2008, as well as SQL Server 2012. Furthermore, users will benefit from more efficient data backup protection and added peace of mind by leveraging independent failover servers and provisions for mitigating data server disruptions.
“In listening to our audit customers and understanding their business processes, we knew that having Engagement and Knowledge Coach support SQL Server 2012 was essential for supporting their data needs,” said Sam High, CCH Vice President & General Manager of Accounting, Audit & Workflow. “As the audit landscape changes in terms of assessing specific client risks and improving efficiency, compatibility with the most current Microsoft technologies enables auditors to operate with even more confidence and efficiency when it comes to compliance.”
ProSystem fx Engagement
As a stand-alone solution, Engagement is a powerful tool, and when combined with other CCH solutions it becomes an integrated end-to-end answer for all engagements. The solution provides a central location where information can flow in and out, while remaining accessible to an entire team. Features include:
- Seamless integration with Knowledge Coach as well as CCH’s Accounting Research Manager and the IntelliConnect® research platforms – enabling auditors to have the tools they need to tackle risk assessment standards with ease; and
- Linking financial data with ProSystem fx® Tax so updates are made simultaneously in both programs.
ProSystem fx Knowledge Coach
Going beyond the traditional checklist-based audit approach, Knowledge Coach is an entirely new breed of digital audit management relying on the Knowledge-Based Audit (KBA) methodology. It lets auditors get back to what they do best – the investigative work of auditing.
The award-winning and peer reviewed audit, review and compilation guidance solution is a planning tool, workpaper generator, engagement workflow management application and risk overseer all rolled into one. Knowledge Coach advises when more documentation is needed, alerts you when something has been missed, and manages reviews and sign-offs. Additional functionality and convenience tools include:
- Direct linking of risks to procedures, ensuring all risks have been properly addressed;
- Entering data once to flow across all workpapers to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Future changes also flow automatically;
- Rolls forward prior-period engagements and merges in updated content to save time;
- Saves answers to questions, custom program steps and risks as templates so they can be used for other clients and similar engagements; and
- Leverages drilldowns, links and answer guidance to see the details of all actions and recommendations.
About SQL Server 2012
SQL Server 2012 is a new version of Microsoft’s database platform featuring AlwaysOn high-availability support, Semantic BI and other state-of-the-art technologies designed to help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization and quickly build solutions to extend data across on-premise and public cloud, backed by mission critical confidence.