IPC Systems, Inc., a leading provider of voice and electronic trading communications solutions to the world's top financial services firms, today announced a strategic partnership with Acme Packet, a leader in session delivery network solutions, to extend the value of IPC’s Unigy platform more broadly across the enterprise. Partnering with Acme Packet enhances IPC’s SIP based Unified Trading Communications platform to deliver applications across all users in the trading workflow, regardless of the communications device being used. With this integration, trading floors can enhance the productivity of all users in the trade workflow, increase business agility, simplify legacy IP telephony infrastructures, and better control costs.
“IPC’s Unigy is a revolutionary platform for today’s trading floor, helping to extend critical communications across all offices and systems within the enterprise,” said Dino Di Palma, chief operating officer, Acme Packet. “Our application enablement technology enables customers to centralise the infrastructure and management resources, putting IT managers in control of complex communications and applications architectures.”
By partnering with Acme Packet IPC will have the ability to extend Unigy’s native Session Management and application capabilities more broadly across an enterprise, expanding from its trading turrets to traditional telephony systems. Unigy’s applications leverage IPC’s Blue Wave Application development platform, which also allows customers and third party developers to create communications-enabled applications that manage and optimise trading workflows.
“Combining Acme Packet's solution and the power of Unigy allows us to provide customers with a unique enterprise-wide solution that can help improve efficiency and reduce costs, said Mark Miller, vice president, product management for IPC. “In addition, by extending Unigy-based applications to traditional telephony such as PBXs, we can help customers have greater control over communications and, in turn, allow them to more easily comply with increasingly complex regulations governing who can talk to who within trading firms.”
IPC’s Unigy is the industry’s first single, open standards Software Oriented Architecture (SOA) based platform for unified trading communications and applications. The key benefits Unigy offers are:
- Collaboration - simplifying and accelerating collaboration between traders and their middle and back office trade support teams so deals can get done faster
- Session Management - providing customers with the tools they need to manage communications, control access and meet compliance requirements
- Exclusive apps - enabling customers and third-parties to develop proprietary applications, on demand, to streamline processes and gain a competitive advantage
- Management - dramatically improving communications system management, monitoring, and operations with the new Unigy Management System for greater flexibility, scalability and uptime
- Lower costs – by providing more affordable, built-in business continuity options, lower energy consumption and smaller rack footprint, and more efficient use of IT resources.