Lombard Risk Management plc (LSE: LRM) ("Lombard Risk"), a leading provider of cross-product collateral management and liquidity, regulatory (including Dodd-Frank) and MIS reporting solutions for the financial services industry, launches ENHANCED Repo and Securities Lending COLLINE modules providing best practice functionality to support front-to-back margin operations creating a unique cross product solution.
Lombard Risk COLLINE(R) is a state-of-the-art, web-based solution designed by experienced business practitioners for end-to-end, cross-product (bilateral and cleared OTC derivatives, Repo and Securities Lending) collateral management. COLLINE enables firms to handle the increasing volume of all collateralised trades on a single platform and meet new regulatory demands. It provides a consolidated solution for mitigating credit risk while satisfying the growing demand for multiple/global entities, cross-product margining, Central Counterparty Clearing (CCP), optimisation, master netting, MIS reporting, dispute management and electronic messaging. Firms using COLLINE across financial products will benefit from market-leading workflows, dashboards and reporting capabilities within a single, consistent platform and negating the risk of operating in silos.
New functionality introduced as part of the COLLINE Repo and Securities Lending modules includes:
- Real-time trade valuation: full repo and sec lending trade valuations including all cash and coupon accruals and adjustments - daily and intra-day
- Pricing: store multiple prices from multiple sources. User-configurable pricing rules
- Exposure profiling: forecast exposure calculations at agreement level and adjust margin call as required
- Trade eligibilities: optional fails and prepay inclusions
- Tailored user interface and reporting: specific to repo and sec lending products
- Consolidated inventory management
- Configurable repo/sec lending workflow: support multiple margin workflows within a master agreement
- Pricing control and validation: including missing, stale, aged, swing and zero prices
With this comprehensive level of detailed functionality, users have configurable views throughout COLLINE both at product and/or consolidated levels with dashboards, exposure management screens, and reporting on a single margin platform with cross-product view.
John Wisbey, Chief Executive Officer at Lombard Risk, explains: "Firms are increasingly looking to consolidate their margin views and exposure management processes on to a single platform to manage the operational increases emanating from the new regulatory provisions such as Dodd Frank and EMIR. The benefits of a single platform to manage collateral include: process efficiency, consolidated statements and reports, regulatory reporting, consolidated inventory management and cross-product collateral optimisation."
Elaine MacAllan, Repo and sec lending specialist at Lombard Risk explains that: "... new regulations, such as Dodd-Frank, EMIR and global regulatory equivalents, will demand increased levels of higher quality collateral in the OTC derivatives/CCP market, pushing new participants into the repo market to source collateral as cheaply as possible to meet OTC/CCP margin obligations. The repo and sec lending markets are estimated to be valued at more than $12trillion across the US and Europe alone and established markets are active in Japan, South America and China, with further growth anticipated as a result of mandatory global clearing initiatives."