An entry requirement for the MCT Advanced Diploma is the ACTâs first stage qualification, AMCT. Over 40% of AMCT candidates are qualified accountants who have recognised the benefits of extending their competence to strategic aspects of treasury. The outcome of the MCT Advanced Diploma broadens acquired knowledge and, by a series of assessment gateways, tests the ability to put learning into practice.
The MCT Advanced Diploma will continue to provide the highest level of understanding, but the updated syllabus will incorporate a contemporary approach to learning and be delivered online with full tutor support using a variety of assessment methods.
Assessment has changed from exam only to ongoing course evaluation in the form of tutor-marked assignments as well as an end-of-course individual project and exam.
Malcolm Cooper, Group Tax and Treasury Director, National Grid and Chairman of the ACTâs Education Committee said:
"The MCT Advanced Diploma enables candidates to examine critically the positives and negatives associated with business decisions to develop an informed choice. In line with modern learning techniques, the course will be provided online, with full tutor support and competence gateways to ensure candidates are on-track and possess higher levels of application skills on completion.â
What are the main changes?
- MCT syllabus has been reviewed and updated
- The course will be delivered online: manuals will be replaced by an online Study Guide, which will direct students through a selection of Course Resources and core texts
- All candidates will be allocated a tutor to steer them throughout the course
- The course will include tuition sessions which will be available either face-to-face or online
- Assessment will be via tutor-marked assignments, a project and two exams
Richard Raeburn, Chief Executive of the ACT commented:
âMCT has always been the outstanding qualification for those who aspire to the highest level in treasury and finance. By updating the delivery systems we are providing a more flexible mechanism for achieving success and equipping finance professionals with the practical skills required for strategic decision making.â