Lyquidityâs Version Manager API is now available for COM, Java and .NET applications. It allows the addition of version management to applications that handle Microsoft Office documents. The simple API allows users to add, delete, export and rollback versions for Excel, Powerpoint and Word documents. Add a version to a document when a user checks it out from the library and remove it when the document is returned.
The API is targeted towards systems integrators and IT departments. It offers these groups the ability to provide compliance control over the Excel workbooks in organizations by integrating this functionality into existing systems. Today organizations are encouraged to purchase expensive, specialist products that aim to provide the control needed to satisfy Sarbanes Oxley and good governance requirements. However, many organizations can add more effective controls by extending their existing document management and CPM systems to embrace Excel workbooks, as well as other Office documents. The ComplyXL API allows workbook version control, change detection and version comparison functions to be added to an existing system.
ComplyXL provides a reporting tool that allows the user to view the changes that have occurred within a workbook at anytime. They also allow a review of the history of the workbook including a history of the changes and any approvals. These tools can be used standalone or they can be used integrated with Windows Explorer so that just by looking at file in Windows Explorer the user can see the status of the file. A manager can approve a workbook by clicking on the document and selecting an option. A record of changes and any approvals are recorded within the workbook so that the information travels with the workbook making it available at anytime to anyone that uses the workbook
- Simple API to enhance your existing document management system;
- With versions added to an Office document, end users can see at-a-glance whether a document has changed.
- Our complementary ComplyXL product allows a user to compare the current workbook with any available saved versions and review any differences between them. ComplyXL is available as an installable PC product or as a web server component that can be integrated into a document management environment.
- Versions are not stored on the server but within each word, slideshow, or workbook document so users do not need to be connected to a server to experience the benefits of effective version control.
- Outbound documents marked with a version so the user is able to confirm that it is the same document when it is returned to control of the library.
The API is supported by both PC and server components that are designed to help user participate in the client process.