NEW YORK, NY, October 20, 2003 -- Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (TSX: TOC, NYSE: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the global financial community, today introduced Thomson Integration Toolkit, the enterprise-wide technology platform that addresses a range of integration needs in support of Thomson PORTIA - the industryâs leading portfolio management and accounting system - and Thomson Oneva Trade EQ - the trade order management system. This new toolkit has been developed in response to increasing demand by asset managers for more sophisticated and manageable real-time integration of their portfolio management and trading systems with external systems and information providers.
Integration Toolkit is an Enterprise Application Integration and Business Process Management solution designed to modernize and facilitate a client-firmâs connectivity and straight through processing. The toolkit leverages PORTIA and Oneva Trade EQâs powerful application business logic, creating a robust, real-time event-driven tool that can be managed and serviced using a common and intuitive user interface configured to meet each clientâs unique specifications. Clients can customize Integration Toolkit for connectivity between virtually any proprietary system and their mission critical PORTIA and Oneva Trade EQ installations, including real-time integration with other trade order management systems, their general ledger, trade matching utilities, pricing and indicative data sources, and with institutions using SWIFT messaging capability.
Integration Toolkit utilizes Microsoft BizTalk Server for Business Process Management and reliable messaging, including handling the mapping of data between systems, orchestration of business process management and the transformation of data in one format to another. Microsoft BizTalk Server reduces the complexity of enterprise application integration, resulting in reduced costs and improved efficiency. Employing the Microsoft platform makes Integration Toolkit flexible and easily adaptable as user requirements change. The result is rich functionality at low cost and maintenance levels for clients.
"There is a growing need for effective and efficient real-time business processing solutions for investment managers,â said Suresh Kavan, president of Thomson Financial's Investment Management Group. âLeveraging the Microsoft platform, Integration Toolkit gives clients a scalable, customizable and cost-effective means of linking their internal and external systems to their PORTIA and Oneva Trade EQ installations. Given the positive feedback we have received to date from the marketplace, we are confident that clients will find great value in Integration Toolkit."
"Weâre excited that Thomson Financial is introducing Integration Toolkit," said Sanjay Manchanda, Group Product Manager for E-Business Servers at Microsoft Corp. "The choice of BizTalk Server for this important new offering demonstrates Microsoftâs commitment to delivering a highly scalable solution that can enhance and accelerate application integration for the demanding financial services industry. Thomson Integration Toolkit demonstrates how Microsoft and Thomson deliver enterprise-level value to todayâs securities marketplace."
Eliminating the need for multiple point-to-point interfaces, Integration Toolkit streamlines the clientâs workflow by offering:
- Event-driven integration via reliable messaging â clients can lower their costs and streamline their workflow by using Integration Toolkit to interface with multiple source systems. They can choose to capture and publish events in real-time, or process the events in batches where appropriate.
- Data processing â clients can facilitate their maintenance and modification of data by leveraging Integration Toolkit to:
- Validate data
- Map data between PORTIA or Oneva Trade EQ and other formats
- Handle large trade volumes
- Exception Processing â client can monitor and streamline their workflow in real-time through Integration Toolkitâs ability to:
- Identify and correct data problems, allowing staff to focus on critical issues and initiatives
- Automatically process subsequent activity, increasing efficiency
- Identify and cancel transactions (i.e. multi-lot sells) from other systems, reducing the overnight processing cycle
- Eliminate oversells, ensuring critical restrictions are not violated
- Reconciliation â clients can leverage Integration Toolkitâs ability to synchronize data between systems, reducing errors and failed systems.
PORTIA gives users the benefit of real-time trade updates and powerful calculation logic for portfolio management reporting and pre-to-post trade compliance. It is interoperable with Oneva Trade EQ â the trade workflow and execution system that completely automates trading, modeling, and order allocations for buy-side traders and portfolio managers worldwide. It serves as a gateway that links traders with brokers, exchanges, electronic connectivity networks and other systems for true straight-through processing.