- Event to include introduction to Trema's new CEO, MichÃ¨le Fitzpatrick
- London, 16 October 2003, Energy Clinic
London, 30 September 2003 - The way Banks and Asset Managers view risk and the return on their investment are just two of the critical questions being discussed at the first of this year's Trema Executive Forums, to be held on 16 October at the Energy Clinic, London. The forum will bring senior level bankers and asset managers together with a selection of financial and IT experts to discuss the future of banking and asset management with a focus on managing risk and operational efficiency. The forum is the first of three such events planned this year, taking place in London, Amsterdam and New York.
Key speakers at the event will include:
- Jean-RenÃ© Giraud, Research Associate, Edhec-Risk and Asset Management Research Center - discussing the changes in the industry's attitude to risk management and the impact of upcoming industry regulation, particularly Basel II and the European Capital Adequacy Directives (CAD3).
- Steve Martin, Head of Performance and Risk, Citisoft plc - examining the measurement of performance and risk with a focus on how this information can be used to allocate limited resources more efficiently, and manage the investment process more effectively.
- Mike Vallance, Product Director, Business Deposits and Liquidity Management, Barclays Bank plc - focusing on how organizations can improve operational efficiency and reduce their costs.
The event will also provide an opportunity to meet MichÃ¨le Fitzpatrick, Trema's new CEO, who recently joined the company to build strategic partnerships within the industry and grow its market penetration. MichÃ¨le Fitzpatrick has over 20 years experience within the IT sector and in-depth knowledge of growing successful businesses for blue-chip companies, including Oracle, Lotus, and Network Associates.
Kari MÃ¤kelÃ¤, COO, Trema, comments, "In the current market conditions, finding the right information can make all the difference to the success of an operation. Trema's Executive Forums offer industry leaders the opportunity to hear expert advice on achieving increased investment performance and profitability. Trema aims to create a space where peers can network, share ideas and take a fundamental look at how new solutions can radically impact the operation of their business."