BEDFORD, Mass â 4 November 2003 â Sonic Software claims that its SonicMQÂ® 5.0.2 messaging product is up to 329 percent faster than TIBCO Enterpriseâ¢ for JMS (E4JMS) in conditions typically encountered in trading floor applications.
In a new series of comparative performance benchmark tests conducted by Sonic Software, SonicMQ outperformed TIBCO Software Incâs (Nasdaq: TIBX) TIBCO Enterprise for JMS (E4JMS) 3.1.0 by over 300 percent in key real-world scenarios. SonicMQ was faster than E4JMS in each of the nine tests. The results and testing methodology are reported in a white paper available at sonicsoftware web site.
Real-World Test Results
The test scenarios represent stress level conditions for real-world applications, measuring the performance of the messaging systemsâ publish/subscribe (pub-sub) capabilities with varying quality of service (QoS) levels based on message reliability (persistence), subscriber durability and session transactionality. Examples of these applications include:
- Financial institutions managing multiple data feeds; Small to large retail companiesâ pricing uploads;
- Pricing distribution for B2B marketplaces;
- Telco monitoring applications; and
- Telco last mile broadband equipment management.
Summary of Results
- In durable, persistent tests with transacted messages, scenarios which provide the highest quality delivery assurance, such as those demanded in post-trade confirmation and allocation, SonicMQ is up to 316 percent faster than Enterprise for JMS;
- In durable, persistent tests, scenarios which reflect use in high- volume, high-availability messaging systems, such as those used in trading floor applications, SonicMQ is up to 329 percent faster than Enterprise for JMS;
- In non-durable, non-persistent tests, SonicMQ is up to 26 percent faster than Enterprise for JMS.
"This new series of performance benchmarks proves yet again that SonicMQ beats the competition when it really counts â in real-world, mission-critical messaging scenarios," said Bill Cullen, vice president of Engineering
for Sonic Software. "In industries that support global, high-availability environments, such as financial services, retail or telecom, customers need to know they can count on their enterprise messaging system to perform at scale."
"In addition to publishing the results, we have published the full test conditions, including product configuration, messaging scenarios, and the hardware environment, as well as a test harness so that customers can create their own test environment according to usage requirements," continued Cullen.
Press enquiries to:
T: 44 (0)1763 208708
F: 44 (0)1763 208813