The Sanction Commission was founded at the end of 2006. As such, the six-year term of its members will expire at the end of 2012. At its meetings of 26 October and 14 December 2012, the responsible electoral bodies – the Regulatory Board of SIX Swiss Exchange Ltd and the SIX Board of Directors – carried out the necessary elections and re-elections.
With the exception of David Schnell, all the previous members stood for re-election and were subsequently re-elected. Dr. Jürg Spring was confirmed as the Chairman. David Schnell will be succeeded on the Commission by Mario Rossi, CFO of Swisscom.
Two additional accountancy specialists were also elected to the Commission, meaning it is now well equipped to handle its expanded mandate relating to financial reporting for banks and insurance companies.
The Sanction Commission now comprises the following members:
• Dr. Jürg Spring (Chairman) Chairman of the Administrative Court of Canton Thurgau
• Bruno Allmendinger former CFO of Sulzer Ltd.
• Claudia Backenecker (new) Head of Reporting & Policies, Zurich Financial Services Group
• Jean Berthoud Chairman of the Board, Banque Bonhôte & Cie SA
• Malcolm Cheetham (new) Head of Group Financial Reporting, Novartis
• Sylvain Matthey Director, Lombard, Odier, Darier, Hentsch & Cie
• Prof. Dr. Henry Peter Professor of Economic Law, University of Geneva
• Prof. Dr. Isabelle Romy Attorney-at-law; Professor at the Law School, University of Fribourg
• Mario Rossi (new) CFO of Swisscom
SIX will supply financial content to CNNMoney Switzerland, which will be launched on January 24, 2018 SIX will be the source for financial data for th...View article
Today – six months after receiving approval from FINMA – the Swiss trade repository service provided by SIX Securities Services officially...View article