- New enhancements enable consumers and businesses to make easier check deposits from their homes, offices, ATMs and mobile devices.
- Enhanced remittance coupon processing for lockbox applications.
- Additional back office solutions to handle returns and inclearings.
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV), the leading global provider of financial services technology solutions, announced today that it has significantly enhanced its Source Capture Solutions(R), with the latest 4.2 system release. Fiserv was the first financial services provider to offer a completely web-based Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) solution, in both in-house and outsourced delivery modes. Both Aite Group and Celent have recognized Fiserv as a leading provider of RDC solutions.
Building on its current base of more than 180,000 end-users and 3,400 clients, Fiserv now offers an even wider array of Source Capture Solutions. New enhancements include:
- New user interface for Merchant Source Capture(TM) based on extensive user experience testing
- New Mobile and ATM Source Capture for all clients, now including those clients who select ASP
- New Remittance Coupon Source Capture(TM) allows users to capture a check and “stub” to gather invoice information for lockbox type processing
- New Inclearings Source Capture(TM) provides the ability to bring inclearings into Source Capture and enables duplicate detection between institutions
- Productivity enhancements for Branch Source Capture(TM) and Mac(R) and Safari(R) compatibility for Consumer Source Capture
- Enhanced deposit review and reporting capabilities
Source Capture Solutions are integrated with all of the Fiserv account processing solutions and the Fiserv Clearing Network.
“We are pleased to see Fiserv continue to offer new solutions to handle what is still an important payment channel for us,” said Thomas Havers, Senior Operations Officer, Merchants Bank. “As a commercially focused Community bank, we recognize that more than 57 percent of business to business payments are still made by check. Helping our customers get those checks into their accounts faster through whatever deposit method they choose – from Remote Deposit Capture, to visiting an ATM, or visiting a traditional branch office – is an important element of our overall strategy.”
“Fiserv is a leader in offering innovative new solutions for anywhere, anytime check capture,” said Gary Brand, director, Source Capture Solutions, Fiserv. “Fiserv is continuing to invest in RDC, improving our user experience, enhancing productivity and adding new capture points. Fiserv innovation is streamlining traditional payment channels like checks, even as we invest in new channels like prepaid cards and ZashPay.”