Existing members can use the sign in option below.
Bobsguide members enjoy:
QUMAS, the leading developer of enterprise governance, risk and compliance solutions, today announced the financial services industry’s first end-to-end closed-loop compliance solution. The QUMAS Compliance Closed-Loop Process™ highlights all of the core activities that fall under compliance and serves as the underlying framework for QUMAS technology and pre-configured suites.
Using the QUMAS Compliance Closed-Loop Process, financial services organizations can accurately review, correct, document and report compliance information and take corrective actions. For the first time financial services organizations can treat compliance as a single unified process rather than as a series of silos that vary with department or regulation.
Policies & Procedures Suite first in a series of pre-configured offerings
QUMAS plans to release several pre-configured suites during the course of the year that address specific components of the automated closed-loop compliance process. The QUMAS Policies and Procedures Suite announced today (see separate press release) is the first in this series that will enable companies to quickly realize the full benefits of an automated closed-loop compliance process. Depending upon the maturity of its existing compliance program, a company can purchase one or all of the suites to fully derive the benefits of the closed-loop process. The modular approach from QUMAS allows companies to leverage existing equipment and technology investments, while integrating critical best practices to address evolving compliance needs.
The QUMAS Policies & Procedures Suite provides the only fully compliant software suite designed specifically for financial services firms that includes all of the critical components required to automate the creation, management, and enforcement of compliance policies and procedures lifecycles.
Elevating the visibility of compliance
“We are now able to provide chief compliance officers and other risk managers at financial services organizations with a complete compliance solution that spans the entire enterprise,” said Kevin O’Leary, CEO of QUMAS. “Financial services organizations can automate compliance-related business processes across the enterprise and monitor internal processes, procedures and workflows from one centralized location. As a result, companies are able to make better informed strategic decisions quickly, providing them with a competitive advantage they are unable to realize with multiple solutions in place.”
The QUMAS Compliance Closed-Loop Process comprises the following critical activities to ensure ongoing compliance with a wide range of regulations and initiatives:
1. Identify laws and regulations: Enables companies to determine critical regulations with which they must comply and to maintain them in a central repository dedicated to policy and procedure documentation
2. Agree on interpretation and effect: Identifies processes so that process owners can review and achieve consensus when interpreting new legislation in a documented and traceable manner
3. Issue policies and procedures: Allows policies and procedures to be automatically issued company-wide in a cohesive manner and as part of a controlled workflow process – creation, review, edit, approval, distribution, consumption, retirement, replacement – to manage new content and any subsequent regulatory changes
4. Training: Provides a standardized, clear and documented feedback loop that ensures employees are aware of updates to policies and procedures while providing an electronic “read and understood” mechanism to validate that employees have verified their commitment to following prescribed policies and procedures
5. Monitor compliance: Automates the testing of existing controls to ensure that proper activities are taking place to mitigate the potential for human error and fraud
6. Investigate issues: Allows for a clear process that logs exceptions and alerts on a filtered, meaningful basis, so system administrators can prioritize critical events and take the appropriate corrective actions
7. Take corrective action: Enables companies to be more proactive in being compliant and adjust programs accordingly, since compliance is addressed as a single unified process
8. Make informed risk-based decisions: Ensures that risk should always be the lens through which financial firms view all compliance issues and activities; accordingly, risk-based decisions should not be factored in just at the end, but embedded throughout the entire compliance management process
A closed-loop compliance process ensures that all identified issues are resolved. All issues or weaknesses that may have a material effect are escalated to proper levels and are resolved by the person charged with that oversight. Effective governance means proactively resolving all anomalies and documenting the action taken. By addressing issues and resolving them, companies continually improve their business practices.
“Without an automated solution to track and manage a company’s compliance obligations, no chief compliance officer has the certainty that individuals within his organization are following established policies and procedures,” stated Warren Perry, senior compliance advisor for QUMAS. “For the first time, the QUMAS Compliance Closed-Loop Process makes it practical to deliver complete and consistent compliance across the enterprise.”
Closed-Loop Process makes for quicker, accurate and better informed decisions
Using the QUMAS Compliance Closed-Loop Process, financial services organizations realize the following benefits:
• Better, more informed decisions – high integrity, risk-based information ensures informed decisions are made on compliance issues
• Faster responsiveness and improved accuracy – standardized and streamlined operations ensure faster reaction times to compliance tasks and lower error rates
• Maximized agility –increased capability to monitor and react to regulatory impact assessment and change program assessment
• Exceptional value with one robust solution – elimination of manual activity increases employee productivity and eliminates the need for multiple point solutions
• Improved business performance and predictability – new operational efficiencies gained from an automated information flow and a systematic process
• Regulatory advantage – firms can proactively manage regulatory relationships and minimize the risk of costly investigations and damage to reputation
FundCount Wins Best Accounting Solution at Family Wealth Report AwardsMeets family office needs for a unified accounting, general ledger and reporting...View article
Path Solutions, a global provider of AAOIFI-certified software solutions and services for Islamic banks and financial institutions, today announc...View article