GoldenSource Corporation to address the key data management issues of financial services organisations
GoldenSource™ Corporation, a global software provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions for financial and securities institutions worldwide, kicks off its German and Central European expansion program at this year’s European Banking & Insurance Fair (E.B.I.F). Held at the Messe Frankfurt Exhibition Grounds from 14 – 16 November, 2006, GoldenSource will draw on its 20 plus year industry leadership to highlight how its EDM solutions address the key enterprise data management issues confronting financial services organisations.
Exhibiting at booth number 5.1A82, GoldenSource will discuss its full complement of leading EDM products. GoldenSource helps an institution to put in place a company-wide reference-data environment for securities and products, customers as well as counterparties. In addition, the EDM solution can store positions, balances, and transactions to allow a real-time aggregated view of risk and exposure across all areas of a firm’s business.
Expert GoldenSource staff will be available on-site to discuss the market and product benefits of an EDM solution. Paul Kennedy, Vice President of Product Management, together with Mark Zill, Executive Vice President of Client Operations, will be able to explore some of the key data challenges facing the financial services sector, including:
· Creating a single trusted source of data at an enterprise level;
· Integrating business lines and data types in a phased approach to improve enterprise data management versus the “big bang” theory of complete technology replacement;
· How changing regulatory and compliance demands, such as MiFID, Basel II, and Sarbanes Oxley are requiring the financial services industry to have an enterprise data management strategy;
· The growing need to link front, middle and back office operations as trading mechanisms, products and markets become more complex;
· Opportunities to improve operational efficiency with an EDM strateg;
· EDM success stories.
Paul Kennedy, will also be presenting during Euro Finance Week, at the MiFiD Summit conference. His session, entitled “Emerging regulations need not be another headache! Take control of your data at source – so you can trust it and use it with confidence”, will take place on 16 November at 11:30am. In this session, Paul will discuss the need for increased granularity and timeliness of critical data and how regulation such as MiFiD strengthens the business case for enterprise-wide data management.
E.B.I.F is Europe’s largest independent technology trade fair for the banking and insurance sector and is an integral part of Euro Finance Week (now in its ninth year). With more than 450 speakers and 10,000 visitors from over 60 countries, the Euro Finance Week is one of the largest congress and trade fair events of its kind. Delivering over 30 symposia with more than 150 panel discussions and workshops, the event covers current issues in the finance and insurance industries.