Charles River Development Attracts 39 New Front/Middle Office Enterprise Solution Clients and Expands Managed Services in 2011
Charles River Development (Charles River), a front- and middle-office investment solutions provider, today announced that in 2011 the company increased its customer base with the addition of 39 clients encompassing all vertical markets within Investment Management. As part of providing a completely managed solution, the company launched the Charles River Data Service, a fully-managed equity and fixed income data offering which is tightly integrated into the Charles River Investment Management Solution (Charles River IMS).
In response to increased demand for Charles River’s Managed Services, which includes application management, hosting, FIX Administration and data services for Charles River IMS, a hosting center was opened in the UK to complement the existing facilities in the US. The new UK hosting facility is SAS70 Type I and II certified and better serves clients in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The new Charles River Data Service augments the company’s Managed Services offering to increase data accuracy, improve the end user experience and help clients reduce the cost and complexity of data management. The service provides equity and fixed income reference and real-time market data that is aggregated from multiple data sources, mapped and fed directly into Charles River IMS. Charles River coordinates with data vendors on behalf of clients to monitor and manage interfaces, changes in data feeds, new data requirements and software upgrades.
“Charles River Development has firmly established itself as an enterprise solution provider for the buy-side, demonstrated by the growing adoption of our Managed Services and the launch of the Charles River Data Service,” said Peter Lambertus, president and chief executive officer, Charles River Development. “By leveraging our investment management platform expertise, clients are able to utilize Charles River IMS to its full potential, maximizing the return on their investment while freeing up internal resources. In 2011, 70% of new clients adopted our Managed Services.”
2011 highlights include:
• 39 new clients and 6 major expansions of existing clients, extending Charles River IMS usage to a total of 42 countries worldwide;
• 63 clients live globally on the latest Charles River IMS release, Version 9, with over 100 planning to implement Version 9 in 2012;
• 545 trading destinations and 173 buy-side clients on the Charles River FIX Network;
• Over 60 clients leveraging Charles River’s Managed Services offering;
• Introduced the Charles River Data Service, a single, fully-managed data source for clients;
• Opened a hosting facility in the UK and opened a managed services staff facility in Indianapolis, IN, USA to expand staffing and coverage;
• Rolled out Charles River Compliance Health Check, a best practice compliance assessment service for Charles River clients;
• Received “European Front Office of the Year” by the Funds Europe Awards 2011; “Best OMS” from AsianInvestor’s 2011 Service Provider Awards; “Best Technology Provider of the Year” from Buy-Side Technology 2011; “Top OMS in Canada” from Investment Technology Awards 2011; and ranked in the “FinTech Top 100” from American Banker/Financial Insights 2011.