ConvergEx Group, a leading technology company, is pleased to offer customers a new white paper from Eze Castle Software that provides an in-depth examination of the challenges that Form Private Fund (Form PF) regulation poses to hedge funds and explores the factors that customers should consider when making technology decisions for filing and data management.
The white paper, “Preparing for Form PF,” by Eze OMS™ product managers Phil Christianson and Roger Gregory, and technical communications group manager Erin McNamee, can be downloaded at the ConvergEx website.
“In a recent customer survey, nearly half of hedge fund respondents cited regulation as a top industry concern. Our paper offers a deep look at the most pressing and potentially burdensome pending regulation,” said Mr. Christianson. “In the paper we explore the scope and volume of data required within Form PF and how that data will need to be compiled, organized and mapped to Form PF-specific classifications. After reviewing the challenges presented by Form PF, we outline what they mean for filing-management technology solutions and offer guidance for finding the right tool for your firm.”
Some of the topics firms should consider when reviewing solutions include:
- Does the solution aggregate and consolidate data across all systems in the firm?
- Does the solution store data mappings for efficient reuse from filing to filing?
- Does the solution normalize data for accuracy and consistency?
- Does the solution maintain a fully audited history in case advisors need to justify submitted numbers?
- Is the solution extensible enough to scale with the addition of future reporting regulations?
“Form PF poses challenges that are massive in scope and complexity for many firms, but the right tools and processes put in place now will reduce those burdens, quarter over quarter,” said Mr. Gregory. “Any solution you put in place now should be able grow with your firm as it moves towards more complete automation.”