Available immediately, GenSight Enterprise 7.0 has been created for organisations that need to prioritise and manage complex programs of initiatives across functions such as new product development, IT, capital, sales and marketing. These functions are becoming increasingly project-focused, and managers need to understand the strategic value and risk of all projects and optimise the allocation of constrained resources to achieve maximum value. Meanwhile shareholders increasingly expect clear governance procedures that prove investments are in line with strategic goals.
New real-time dashboards in GenSight v7.0 provide senior managers with high-level reports that summarise the cost, trends and status of all projects in the portfolio. Managers can drill down to detail, for example by project type, division, stage and technology. The dashboards use graphical, numerical and tabular displays to report on all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), while performance alerts and workflow ensure that risks and events are properly dealt with.
GenSight Enterprise v7.0 enables resource and portfolio managers to work more closely together. A new resource allocation module ensures that project resources are effectively planned and allocated, from resource requests based on the roles required by the project through to assignment of individuals to specific project roles.
With enhanced reporting, GenSight Enterprise v7.0 gives resource managers access to detailed planning reports that show total resource allocation across the business and the specific resource allocation by project, project type, division, stage of development and other key dimensions of the portfolio. By recording time and cost across the organisation it also compares actual versus planned costs.
Specific features available to senior, portfolio and resource managers in GenSight v7.0:
- New dashboards: that summarises costs and status across the entire portfolio and by individual project.
- Resource allocation: a new module with the capability to plan, view, model and allocate resources across projects. The module automatically compares planned versus actual time and costs. Each individual involved with a project or the portfolio has a dashboard detailing the projects and actions to which they are assigned.
- Document management: with an integral project archiving capability, search and retrieval for current and historical projects.
- Enhanced scalability: to meet the high workload demands of global PPM implementations that can involve thousands of users and thousands of projects.
- Enhanced reporting: with data drill-down, roll-up, slice and dice and interactive filtering.
- New User Interface (UI): enhanced graphics and editing to ensure common understanding of projects; editable web tables; support for complex deployments involving a large number of users
David Munt, managing director for The GenSight Group said, âOrganisations need trusted tools that can provide vital, comprehensive support across the multiple divisions, levels and geographies involved in portfolio management. GenSight now provides a fully integrated solution to âselect the right projectsâ and to âdo projects rightâ. Senior management get the tools and information they need for strategic decisions, and at the same time project managers benefit from the knowledge base and collaboration tools to ensure successful delivery.â