At a time when the capital and commodity markets are undergoing significant transformation, firms within these industries are being confronted with the need to re-evaluate their business strategies. They are taking a hard look at how they do business in an effort to understand what it will take to be successful in this new environment. And how they adapt is now more important than ever.
Created by industry experts, Sapient Global Markets business consulting services are uniquely aligned to enable transformation. We are focused on solving the most relevant issues that the industry is facing, such as improving client engagement, increasing operational efficiencies, managing risk and regulatory demands and creating actionable insights. Led by professionals with deep market insight, an understanding of the role that each firm plays in the capital and commodity ecosystem and a vision for what’s possible, our services help firms solve these issues.
With a focus on delivering results, we offer five integrated business consulting services through which we develop and deliver executable strategies for enabling change:
As a trusted advisor and partner to many firms within the capital and commodity markets, we have direct visibility into the key regulatory concerns, technological drivers and macroeconomic factors influencing a firm’s profitability and go-to-market strategy. Leveraging our deep understanding of the industry, the trading lifecycle, technologies and trends, we have assisted many market participants and regulators with their business strategies, tackling their most challenging issues and developing the best ways to address them.
Our Business Structure services help drive the business and operating model changes required to achieve an organization’s strategic vision. This includes everything from designing a target operating model to leading its implementation. We also offer location strategy, rewards and competency advisory services to clients who seek expert advice when implementing their own models.
We provide strong subject matter expertise in the product lifecycle and front-to-back operations, and we work with our clients to identify inefficiencies and analyze data to identify breaks in processes. And, we design and implement an amended process that achieves cost savings, faster time to market and increased productivity and efficiency.
With more than 20 years of experience delivering complex financial applications that cover front- to back-office functions and deep expertise in a variety of front-end technologies, we provide the insight and resources needed to align IT with business processes for more seamless operations. We also help firms adapt the right implementation methodology to meet the specific needs of the business.
Our Creative Consulting services are designed to help organizations meet ever-increasing user experience demands and transform into more creative organizational structures. We work with our clients to not only assess their current capabilities, but to help them use technology to define and deliver the best customer experience possible. Our team of designers and technology experts develop front-end technology roadmaps, define enterprise mobile strategies, deliver data visualization and business intelligence solutions and provide user-centered trading and risk interfaces.
Our proven experience and industry-recognized methodology only tell part of the story. Our Business Consulting services are truly unique in the industry because of the following:
• Specialization—Because of our exclusive focus on the capital and commodity markets, we have developed an innate understanding of the key stakeholders, their operating models and roles within the greater ecosystem. This enables us to bring considerable depth and breadth of knowledge and contextual understanding to each engagement.
• Integrated Offering—By offering seamless services from strategy to implementation, we ensure continuity, mitigate implementation risk and speed time-to-value.
• Creative-led Approach—We leverage both design and technology expertise to develop functionality that is highly effective and ensures buy-in and adoption at all levels.
Here are some examples of how we work with key participants within the global markets ecosystem and the industry itself to shape key business and market initiatives.
• Recognizing the opportunity for cost savings and process efficiency, we facilitated the creation of CCS—a new buy-side industry standard for margin statements—through collaborative conversations with FCMs and custodians.
• We helped a multinational energy company significantly enhance efficiencies—with a 38 percent improvement in user productivity, while simultaneously enhancing information quality and decision speed.
• We designed and built the European DataWarehouse, the organization and platform that played a key role in revitalizing the European mortgage market.
• We partnered with DTCC and stakeholders in the GTR initiative. Through our efforts, DTCC was able to provide a clear governance structure and support regional mandates, conduct technical testing, provide client outreach and onboarding support, and serve as a central point of coordination, membership and impartial escalation.
• We helped a multinational oil and gas company improve response times within its trading organization by defining a data management strategy and establishing standard, automated processes for reference data requests from business users.
• We worked with a top-tier institutional asset manager to develop a future-state strategy and aspirational architectural model for consistent sourcing of quant analytics across investment strategies and portfolios. As a result, the client was able to improve quality and reduce costs and operational risks by streamlining its use of reference data and quickly comparing and contrasting vendor data with internally derived numbers.
• We helped a major utility restructure its customer care through role and process analysis and launched a change management program focused on overall design, job roles, process mapping and training.
• We helped a global investment banking and diversified financial services group enable its front office to keep pace with growth and change. After conducting extensive research, we created a strategic plan that was focused on driving business change in the front office and enabling the firm’s users to price accurately and consistently. It involved providing a wider range of functions to front-office users, improving usability through intuitive system interfaces, ensuring scalability, enhancing robustness and consolidating duplicative technology.
Visit www.sapientgm.com/business-consulting/ for more examples of our work.