Baxon PCMS – Portfolio Management System for Private Equiity
Streamline your monitoring, valuation and reporting process. Automate the way you collect, analyze and report portfolio company performance and valuations.
In private equity, as in other asset classes, data management has become both a challenge and an opportunity to create and maintain a competitive advantage in the market. Improving the process of data collection and the management of portfolio companies’ performance data is key to any fund manager regardless of the size of the firm.
Cloud platform for portfolio monitoring and valuations for private equity companies. Streamline the entire process, from data collection from Portfolio companies, to internal and LP reporting. Deal flow and LP platform.
- Automate the collection, analysis and reporting of portfolio company information
- Aggregate and analyse portfolio company performance
- Automate valuation reporting in line with IPEV valuation guidelines.
- Instant investor reporting in line with EVCA, ASC 820, IFRS 13 and IPEV guidelines
- Maintain a “Golden Copy” of investment data with fully transparent audit trail
- Review fund level performance gross and net of fees
- Identify value drivers of portfolio company and fund level returns using value bridge
- Benchmark fund returns relative to the market using integration with Preqin’s Performance Analyst
- Improve Efficiency: Avoid sensitive and time-consuming tasks such as re-keying, formatting and calculations.
- Transparency: Drill down into any key metrics to understand underlying calculations. Access all portfolio company base data in a single repository.
- Integrity: Data input is automated directly from the portfolio company, avoiding potentially erroneous re-keying. Validation rules censor financial data input and encourage cleaner data.
- Accessibility: Single and central data repository, ensuring all performance information is centralized in one place; always the latest version, available 24/7, from anywhere in the world.
- Traceability: Both functions and reports allow the audit of all data and information. Users can access an audit trail; see who, how and why changes have been made.
- Scalability: Roll out to new portfolio companies is quick and cost effective
- Portfolio Monitoring: Financials, KPIs, ESG, narrative, covenant tracking.
- Valuations meeting EVCA, ASC 820, IFRS 13 and IPEV guidelines among others.
- Aggregation for portfolio level reporting with slice & dice capabilities.
- Current and forecast net IRRs by fund.
- File repository for archiving documentation.
- Personalised dashboards.
- Complete traceability and audit trails.
- Exit planning and sensitivity analysis.
- Live database linked to Excel.
- Automatic reminder and approval workflows.
- Fully and seamlessly integrated with all Legacy Systems through proprietary API
How it works
- Data collection: Portfolio companies can update their financial and operating information directly and in real time through a secure internet connection. Portfolio companies are not required to modify their current reporting structure and the whole updating process is designed to be completed within 5 minutes. Automatic reminders and approval process workflows can be set up by user system administrators to effectively manage the data collection and approval process.
- Analysis and reporting: GP users can create dynamic dashboards and reports with key indicators, graphs, traffic lights and alerts which can be printed or exported to PDF or Excel. Designed with Excel at its core, what you see on-screen is exactly what you get in the downloaded Excel version. Excel spreadsheets can also be linked to the Baxon PCMS database, allowing fast creation of ad hoc reports and modelling.
- Collaboration and distribution: Customizable profiles and levels of access allow GPs to share online reports, interactive scorecards and document libraries with external stakeholders, such as LPs, banks, consultants or auditors.
- Integration with other systems: Baxon PCMS can be integrated through its API with any General Ledger or front office system, such as deal flow tracking and CRM applications to allow seamless single sign-on and bi-directional data flow.
Since Baxon PCMS is provided as a SaaS product, deployment of the solution is instantaneous and does not require any software installation in existing client IT infrastructure.