Sustainability in Capital Markets - Managing your corporate ESG transformation
We support and accompany our clients in this transformation process with our technical expertise and innovative solutions, from strategy to implementation. They benefit from our deep understanding of products and processes, the ability to transform regulatory requirements into pragmatic solutions and the use of new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our clients are aware that this path to more sustainability will involve a steep learning curve and that our knowledge is essential for this.
The need for action has never been greater than today. Climate change is seriously threatening our planet. At the same time, we are seeing an increase in the environmental movement, which is bringing the topic into the public focus.
As a result, our social awareness of ESG (environmental, social and governance issues) and the urgency to act has reached a new dimension.
Banks and asset managers have started to actively look after the topic and initiated first projects. For example, we can observe that some of our clients define their own ESG strategy and think about benchmarks to track their ESG performance. They define steps to improve their ESG compliance including measures to monitor the adherence to social, governmental and environmental standards of their suppliers. Additionally our clients define the extent to which the status of ESG compliance should be communicated to the stakeholders and the international reporting standards (e.g. GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards). Finally, the regulator has also become active and has issued its own legislative initiatives such as the EU Disclosure Regulation or MIFID II. Consequently, market participants must integrate the associated adjustment effort with regard to existing products, processes and systems into their overall ESG strategy.
We support and accompany our clients in this transformation process with our technical expertise and innovative solutions, from strategy to implementation. Our clients benefit from our deep understanding of products and processes, the ability to transform regulatory requirements into pragmatic solutions and the use of new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our clients are aware that this path to more sustainability will involve a steep learning curve and that our knowledge is essential for this.
- Capital allocation: High quality data availability in terms of ratings for the investment process to guarantee business continuity whilst new business model is being implemented.
- Processes and systems: Development or adaptation of the Target Operating Model (TOM) and IT architecture, adjustment of risk management systems and the introduction of new sustainability related KPIs.
- Corporate culture: Uncertainty about how the company will be affected by this ESG transformation and how employees will be involved into the design of new habits and solutions.
- Standardized reporting to internal and external stakeholders: Increased reporting requirements on ESG-report creation.
- Demand for non-financial information: Process establishment for data generation, data provision and data identification.
- Increased regulatory requirements: Adaption of current regulatory implications within processes and systems to the new requirements.
Implementation of a software tool for creating ESG ratings including suppliers and reporting execution.
Development and implementation of TOM as well as creation and maintenance new business cases.
Our agile mindset guarantees effective and fast results which are tailored to customer and user needs.
Data and process adaption
Extensive knowledge of the relevant data and data integration – we analyze, model and transfer processes across the entire value chain of our clients.
Capital markets expertise
Fundamental monitoring of the regulatory requirements with holistic product knowledge.
MS SQL Server