Broadridge Investment Accounting
The Broadridge Investment Accounting platform is an accounting book of record (ABOR) solution. The Investment Accounting platform provides investment lifecycle workflow management from trade to the general ledger.
Broadridge Investment Accounting is the foundation data for our comprehensive asset management platform that includes front-office portfolio management, risk compliance, trade order management and revenue and expense management.
- A multi-currency, multi-asset class, multi-basis, investment accounting application.
- Real-time management of investments, cash, liabilities, collateral, real property and other on- and off-balance sheet items.
- Real-time evaluation of positions and cash flows that inform other front- and back-office tools:
- Integrates with order management, portfolio management, risk management, reconciliation, profit and loss (billing), and other investment-related systems.
- Provides an auditable, reportable record for accountability and transparency that enables extensive reporting applications.
- Interactive, real-time reporting (in rich-text and pixel-perfect formats) and configurable dashboards for summary and detail level views of values and metrics across multiple dimensions.
- Additional features include:
- Performance (rates of return) measurement
- Intra-day cash tracking and settlement at multiple locations
- Collateral management with an internet-based counterparty portal
- Liability management
- Rules-based position, transaction, and cash reconciliation
- Post-trade compliance monitoring
- Funds administration and management with net asset value and unit value accounting
- Fund investor recordkeeping, accounting, and statement reporting with an internet-based investor portal
Service Delivery Options
Broadridge allows clients to choose either a licensed software delivery or hosted solution. For either deployment, Broadridge provides a managed services option in which our experts provide services for our clients.
Managed Services Option
The Broadridge Investment Accounting team averages 15 years of specialized service experience that functions as an extension of client operations, managing all processes on their behalf in accordance with their business rules:
- Post and reconcile transactions, corporate actions, cash position balances daily
- Research and resolve reconciliation discrepancies
- Prepare and deliver reports and business intelligence data
- Journalize investment activity and close accounting periods
- Strike fund net asset values
- Evaluate performance measurement rates of return
- As part of the outsourced managed services solution, Broadridge:
- Verifies data integrity and availability for reporting
- Proposes ongoing operational efficiencies
- Supports and participates in audit and other business activities
- Coordinates governance processes
- Helps ensure regulatory and operational compliance