Accelerating adoption in the enterprise fuels 150 per cent year-over-year bookings growth
Mendix, which offers an easy-to-use platform to create and continuously improve enterprise applications, today announced its largest quarter ever, with 150 per cent global bookings growth compared to Q3 2016, driven by 217 per cent growth in North America and 198 per cent growth in the UK. More than 4,000 global organisations such as Kuehne + Nagel, Philips, Prudential Life Assurance, SUEZ, USAlliance and Zurich are now using the Mendix platform to create, deploy and manage apps to improve customer experiences, increase operational efficiency, and modernise their legacy systems.
Mendix also announced a global reseller agreement with SAP (NYSE: SAP). Through this agreement, SAP will resell and support the Mendix platform under the name SAP® Cloud Platform Rapid Application Development by Mendix, allowing customers to build custom applications on SAP Cloud Platform much faster than traditional development approaches.
“We are energised by the success of our customers and by the new opportunities offered through our agreement with SAP,” said Derek Roos, CEO at Mendix. “Mendix continues to be the only Low-Code Platform with a sophisticated, cloud-native architecture, and our deep support for the open cloud ecosystem is helping enterprises deliver digital innovation with unprecedented speed, collaboration and control.”
Highlights of the quarter include:
- Bookings Growth – Mendix celebrated its largest bookings quarter ever with 217 per cent year-over-year growth in North America and 198 per cent year-over-year growth in the UK.
- Partner Ecosystem Expansion – Mendix announced an agreement with SAP, under which SAP will resell and support the Mendix platform under the name SAP Cloud Platform Rapid Application Development by Mendix. Running on SAP Cloud Platform, this solution offers tight integration with SAP systems, data and services, helping enterprises unlock even greater business value from their investments in SAP software.
- Developer Community Growth – The Mendix developer community continued its strong growth with more than 30,000 downloads, and 26 universities across the globe now teaching Mendix as part of their curriculum.
- Kubernetes deployment – Mendix extended its breadth of cloud-native deployment options, becoming the first low-code platform to support Kubernetes. Customers can now deploy Mendix apps across Kubernetes-orchestrated server clusters via Docker containers, benefitting from automated deployment, continuous delivery and horizontal scalability on virtually any PaaS stack.
- Mendix Atlas Release – The Mendix Atlas Release helps enterprises take a user-centric approach to app design and development. Highlights of the release include the Atlas UI Framework, which enables people without front-end development or UI design skills to create engaging user experiences, and the Web Modeler, a WYSIWYG development environment for business analysts and developers, to rapidly build Atlas-based UIs and functional prototypes.
- Analyst Recognition – Forrester Research ranked Mendix as a Leader in "The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms for AD&D Pros, Q4 2017”. In the report, Forrester notes that, "Mendix continues to innovate in new use cases and deepen its features across the board. Its decision to base its low-code environment on Cloud Foundry also paid big dividends, as SAP — a Cloud Foundry distributor — adopted the vendor's platform as its worldwide low-code solution. That partnership is the first by one of the four largest enterprise vendors (IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP) with a low-code platform vendor and should accelerate Mendix's already substantial growth."
Mendix is the fastest and easiest platform to build and continuously improve mobile and web applications at scale. Recognised as a market leader by leading analysts, we help our customers digitally transform their organisations and industries by building, managing, and improving apps at unprecedented speed and scale. More than 4,000 forward-thinking enterprises, including KLM, Philips and Royal DSM use our platform to build business applications to delight their customers and improve operational efficiency. Learn why customers give us high marks on Gartner Peer Insights.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.