“Be” joined yesterday the XVII London STAR Conference organized by Borsa Italiana. Herein after the key messages presented by the Group Chairman Carlo Achermann to the financial community:
1. Road to 2019, Enlarge client base to boost revenue portfolio
• Diversification of client base and reinforcement of leadership in consulting for the Financial industry;
• Focus on the main European Financial Institutions (+ 20% revenue increase on the 2° customer, +70% on other customer’s portfolio in Italy as at 30.09, in consulting segment);
• Increase of volumes from the near-shore site in Poland (assigned a C.M. ICT infrastructure three-year contract for €/mln 11, launched the Salesforce competence centre in Warsaw);
• Signed new international partnerships with key solution providers (e.g. Murex, July 2017);
• Confirmed significant contracts with Central Institutes related to important business areas (e.g. Bundesbank, SWIFT Payment Infrastructure Support, July 2017);
• Strengthened the leadership in some of the key topics in the Financial Services Industry: Payment Service Directive II and MIFID II (supporting the major market operators and Industry associations).
2. Accelerating M&A Process in Europe
• DACH Region. All the acquired companies continue to grow (Be TSE DE, FIMAS, targit Austria, R&L, Be TSE Swiss). In the medium terms: organic growth leveraging on new skills/competences and M&A with high-specialization targets (10-15 €/mln);
• Spain. Paystrat opened a dynamic market, full of business opportunities. Interest to evaluate synergies with medium-size companies (20-35 €/mln), close to Be in terms of culture an business context;
• United Kingdom. Ambition to be part of significant projects in the Brexit context. The organic growth can be supported through on-boarding new well-known industry talents; M&A initiatives are under evaluation related to medium-size targets (10-30 €/mln);
• Italy. Growth by opportunity, with particular attention to high-size dossiers when synergetic with the current business parameters or relevant to companies with important assets in the Digital context.
3. An international platform to realize synergies
• Integrated the three ICT Italian companies. A +30 €/mln revenue new player has been created; synergies and operation cost reductions are expected. Reduction of personnel is confirmed in the pre-acquisition operations parameters (> 60 units);
• New Group organizational model to enable synergies and the full governance of the international network. Injection of new high-quality professionals;
• The «Re-design of the Life proprietary Platform» project has been started; this will enable Be to reach an important positioning in the Italian Insurance segment for the coming years;
• IQUII, the Group digital pole launched in 2016, is strongly growing in reputation and revenue size. The objective is to develop digital value added APPs and solutions, targeting different industries.