NetJapan, publisher of disk imaging backup, system disaster recovery, and virtualization software solutions releases ActiveImage Protector 2016 R2 for Hyper-V Enterprise, a new version of its agentless backup solution for Microsoft virtual environments with support for Windows Server 2016, with enhanced functionalities and new features.
With ActiveImage Protector for Hyper-V, not only can you backup all Windows and Linux virtual guest machines with just one install on the host, but backups are performed on the physical host allowing you to easily restore single or multiple virtual machines from a specific checkpoint to the original, or an alternate host should any disaster strike with its reviewed ReZoom it!™ technology.
Running backups directly from the host have another main advantage when using the Inline Data Deduplication Compression (IDDC) across all VMs on the host, eliminating redundant data across all virtual machines. “With ActiveImage Protector 2016 for Hyper-V, we have managed to reduce storage resource usage up to 70%, and decrease restore and resume times by as much as 50% over previous version”, says Mr. Richard Zinner, CTO at NetJapan Europe Ltd. It also supports volumes larger than 8 terabytes!
ImageCenter LE uses NetJapan’s BackOff™ technology to schedule replication and consolidation tasks to local or off-site, high capacity storage resources; improving local system performance by offloading system and storage resource consumption to alternate or dedicated systems.
New and updated features in ActiveImage Protector 2016 for Hyper-V:
- New “ReZoom ™ it!” feature: standalone application to restore or migrate individual guest machines to the original or a different Hyper-V host.
- Enhanced Inline Data Deduplication Compression (IDDC) feature
- Support for Windows Server 2016 (including Core Server) and Hyper-V Server 2016
- Enhanced proprietary tracking driver: In line with the ActiveImage Protector 2016 range, to increase reliability of hot backups
- Enhanced Network Client Management Console
- Expanded GPT and uEFI bare metal system recovery support.
- Includes ActiveImage Protector Windows PE Boot Environment to operate recovery of entire Hyper-V hosts using ISO file, optical media or/ USB flash memory as bootable media
NetJapan, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is a privately held company based in Tokyo, Japan that develops, markets and supports the ActiveImage Protector, vStandby, ImageBoot and ImageCenter lines of quality backup, recovery and instant availability solutions.