Latest offering extends Skyhigh’s market leading CASB to be the single control point for all cloud services, including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), today unveiled the industry’s first comprehensive security, compliance and governance solution for custom applications and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) platforms like the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
As businesses embrace the move to public cloud environments, analysts predict the IaaS market will grow more than 42 percent in 2017. This new migration also carries old challenges, with IT leaders grappling to secure their applications, data and use of IaaS platforms. Addressing these concerns, Skyhigh is extending its market-leading CASB platform to securing custom applications deployed in IaaS and ensuring secure use of IaaS platforms.
“At AstraZeneca, we put collaboration at the center of our IT strategy,” said David Smoley, Chief Information Officer, AstraZeneca. “With thousands of users to connect, sensitive data to protect and a highly regulated environment to operate in, we are laser-focused on ensuring all our security, compliance and governance requirements also extend beyond our premises and in the cloud. Skyhigh’s expansion of its security controls beyond SaaS is a key way IT can empower the business to fully leverage custom applications running in public IaaS, as well as having the confidence in protecting the IaaS platforms themselves.”
Skyhigh delivers the first and only comprehensive solution that covers both: 1) Custom Applications; and 2) IaaS Platforms.
1. Skyhigh for Custom Applications
Powered by artificial intelligence (AI), Skyhigh seamlessly extends CASB capabilities from SaaS to custom applications running in PaaS or IaaS platforms without introducing friction to the end-user, developer or security team. Skyhigh for Custom Applications specifically:
- Provides IT security teams visibility into the user activity capturing a complete audit trail for compliance and investigations.
- Enforces data loss prevention (DLP) to comply with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Protects corporate data with access control policies to limit downloads of sensitive data to unmanaged bring-your-own devices (BYOD) and with encryption of data with enterprise-controlled keys.
- Ensures uniform security policies across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS through a single pane of glass for administration and management.
2. Skyhigh for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Designed to ensure the secure use of IaaS platforms like the AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, Skyhigh analyzes the configuration and use of IaaS accounts, identifies security and compliance gaps, and recommends specific actions to reduce risk. Skyhigh for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform helps customers:
- Capture a complete audit trail of all administrator actions in the IaaS platform and actively detect insider threats and compromised accounts.
- Audit the IaaS platforms’ security settings to identify misconfigurations and make recommendations per company’s policies.
- Identify inactive accounts that should be deleted to reduce the attack surface.
“Companies need the scale and agility of cloud environments to stay competitive in the digital economy, but leaving the datacenter exposes applications to new threats and vectors of risk,” said Jim Reavis, CEO, Cloud Security Alliance. “While IaaS providers offer secure platforms, we see most cloud customers lack the tools and expertise to protect applications they develop and deploy in the public cloud. Skyhigh is helping fill that important gap, further empowering security leaders to best support the growth and complexity of today’s business needs.”
“Four years ago, Skyhigh Networks launched the industry’s first CASB platform to enable IT and security teams to embrace and accelerate the use of SaaS within their enterprises,” said Rajiv Gupta, CEO, Skyhigh Networks. “Today marks a new chapter in that IT enablement story. These teams can now leverage their Skyhigh CASB Platform to accelerate the adoption of IaaS across their enterprise, while meeting security and compliance requirements.”
Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), enables enterprises to safely adopt SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud services, while meeting their security, compliance and governance requirements. With more than 600 enterprise customers globally, Skyhigh provides organizations the visibility and management for all their cloud services, including enforcement of data loss prevention policies; detecting and preventing internal and external threats; encrypting data with customer-controlled keys; and implementing access-control policies. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Thomvest Ventures, Tenaya Capital and other strategic investors.