CSC (NYSE: CSC) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (NYSE: HPE) today named the Board of Directors of the company that will be formed by the proposed merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services Business of HPE. The merger proposal was announced on May 24 of last year, with the new company expected to debut on April 3, 2017.
When the proposed merger was announced, the companies indicated that CSC’s Mike Lawrie would become chairman, president and CEO of the combined company and that HPE’s president and CEO Meg Whitman would join the new company’s board. The remaining board appointments were to be split equally between nominees of HPE and existing members of CSC’s board.
The new company’s board will consist of:
- Mukesh Aghi – President of the U.S.-India Business Council;
- Amy Alving – Former Chief Technology Officer of SAIC;
- David Herzog – Former CFO of AIG and current member of boards of MetLife and AMBAC Financial Group;
- Sachin Lawande – CEO of Visteon Corporation;
- Mike Lawrie – Chairman, President and CEO of CSC;
- Julio Portalatin – President and CEO of Mercer LLC;
- Peter Rutland – Partner and Global Co-head of Financial Services at CVC Capital Partners Limited (CVC);
- Manoj Singh – Former Chief Operating Officer for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Ltd (DTTL);
- Meg Whitman – President and CEO of HPE; and
- Robert F. Woods – former SVP and CFO at Sungard Data Systems Inc.
The individuals who will serve on the new company board have been approved by both HPE and CSC and will join the new company board upon closing of the merger.
The proposed merger of CSC and HPE ES, which remains subject to CSC stockholder approval, will create the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, focused on guiding clients on their digital transformation journeys. The new company is expected to have annual revenues of $26 billion and more than 5,900 clients in 70 countries.
CSC (NYSE: CSC) leads clients on their digital transformation journeys. The company provides innovative next-generation technology services and solutions that leverage deep industry expertise, global scale, technology independence and an extensive partner community. CSC serves leading commercial and international public sector organizations throughout the world. CSC is a Fortune 500 company and ranked among the best corporate citizens.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.