Skyhigh for Slack empowers IT to seamlessly enforce data loss prevention, threat protection and activity monitoring capabilities for the modern enterprise
Slack usage in the enterprise has seen dramatic growth over the past year. The number of companies with at least 100 Slack users jumped from 9 to 32 percent, and the number of Slack users at the average company increased 349 percent. As part of their commitment to supporting and securing this ever-increasing demand, Slack was recently awarded Skyhigh’s “Enterprise Ready” rating from Skyhigh’s CloudTrustTM Program, becoming one of only 8 percent of cloud providers to satisfy the strictest data security and privacy requirements.
“The current slate of cloud based collaboration platforms support team alignment, allow for contextual collaboration and foster organizational cohesion through experiences that teams love. The ease of sharing information in these new platforms also means companies need to take additional steps to ensure use does not create risk related to sensitive information handling and regulatory requirements,” said Ralph Loura, CTO, Rodan + Fields. “With Skyhigh for Slack to enforce security and compliance policies, CIOs and CTOs can answer the demand for game-changing business tools without compromising on security requirements.”
Skyhigh for Slack provides a full set of security, governance and compliance capabilities including:
- Standardize on Slack. Identify shadow cloud collaboration services used within the company and coach employees to standardize on Slack.
- Ensure Compliance. Enforce DLP policies to protect sensitive and regulated data from getting uploaded and shared over Slack.
- Prevent Threats. Detect and prevent anomalous behavior indicative of insider threats and compromised accounts.
- Perform Investigations. Auto-generate a detailed audit trail of user activity and analyze behavior for forensics and investigations.
- Policies-on-the-Go. Secure multiple access modes, including browsers and native apps, and apply controls based on contextual factors, including user, device, data and location.
“Slack is an important addition to the key portfolio of cloud services used by business users across devices and locations,” said Kamal Shah, SVP of Products and Marketing, Skyhigh. “Skyhigh enables IT and Security teams to consistently enforce security and compliance controls across all their SaaS, PaaS and IaaS applications, including Slack Enterprise Grid. We’re thrilled to integrate with another industry-leading cloud company to protect corporate data, while providing employees with the freedom to use cloud services that drive productivity and collaboration.”
Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), enables enterprises to safely adopt cloud services, while meeting their security, compliance and governance requirements. With more than 600 enterprise customers globally, Skyhigh provides organizations the visibility and management for all their cloud services, including enforcement of data loss prevention policies; detecting and preventing internal and external threats; encrypting data with customer-controlled keys; and implementing access-control policies. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Thomvest Ventures, Tenaya Capital and other strategic investors.