Informatica Scores Five out of Five in Integrations Scenarios Supported, Platform Characteristics and Solution Strategy Criteria
Informatica®, the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, today announced that Forrester Research, Inc., a leading independent technology and market research company, has positioned Informatica as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Hybrid Integration for Enterprises, Q4 2016.
Informatica is the only vendor to provide a single, complete and flexible platform for hybrid data management for:
- Any user (citizen integrators, IT owners, data analysts, architects, etc.)
- Any integration pattern: (data integration, application integrations, big data, IoT, etc.)
- Any data (on-premise, cloud, structured, unstructured, semi-structured, big data machine data, etc.).
Organizations can leverage existing data management skillsets and resources while maintaining a single data management environment for multiple data types. Customer outcomes include the ability to make informed decisions on complete, accurate and trusted data faster than ever before, and more rapid time to value for new business initiatives without the worry of adding new data infrastructure and computing power.
Forrester identified Informatica as a leader in the hybrid data management market, saying that each of the vendors selected for this report:
- Offers cloud, on-premises, and mixed deployment capabilities
- Addresses a broad set of integration scenarios and requirements
- Has customers using its products as a strategic enterprise wide platform
- Is considered in companies’ short lists as a strategic solution.
According to the authors of the Forrester Wave for Hybrid Integration for Enterprises writing in the report, “Informatica provides Informatica Cloud® as a converged iPaaS for data, process, and application integration running on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid deployment. The cloud offering, PowerCenter®, and big data management products share the same metadata repository and transformation language. This enables Informatica to provide an integration platform ready to support dynamic integration of systems of engagement with systems of record as well as the future systems-of-insight integration and converged data and integration governance.”
For the report, Forrester evaluated companies on a set of 24 evaluation criteria, which were grouped into three high-level categories:
- Current offerings - comprised of four primary capabilities: 1) integration scenarios supported, 2) management functions, 3) capabilities supporting citizen integrators, and 4) platform characteristics including data integration, big data and IoT
- Strategy - product strategy, supporting services, and cost of products
- Market presence - market presence in the integration market through three primary criteria: number of customers, geographical presence for the vendor, and geographical presence for the vendor’s partners.
The Forrester Wave for Hybrid Integration for Enterprises report noted, “The hybrid integration market is growing because more EA (Enterprise Architect) professionals see the broad capabilities and use-case flexibility as a way to address key business challenges. This market growth is in large part due to firms rethinking their integration strategies.”
“Informatica’s hybrid data management solutions ensure that all data is connected and trustworthy, regardless of where it resides or what type of data it is: on premise, cloud, IoT or big data,” said Ronen Schwartz, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud, Big Data and Data Integration, Informatica. “Organizations seeking to take advantage of existing on-premise investments while evolving new capabilities in the cloud can use Informatica’s hybrid data management platform to help them transition to the cloud at their own pace.”
Informatica is 100 percent focused on data because the world runs on data. Organizations need business solutions around data for the cloud, big data, real-time and streaming. Informatica is the world’s No. 1 provider of data management solutions, in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid environment. More than 7,000 organizations around the world turn to Informatica for data solutions that power their businesses.