Solarflare, the leader in application-intelligent networking solutions, is releasing its next generation of high performance Ethernet adapters, powered by a configurable suite of software options, for the demanding needs of today and tomorrow’s horizontally scaled, flow-aware cloud-based data center environments.
The Flareon Ultra SFN8500 family of high performance Ethernet adapters have been designed for large scale high performance data center environments, including stock exchanges, commercial banks and other mission-critical data applications. Designed with cyber security, low latency, and high capacity and bandwidth in mind, the SFN8542 (40 GbE) and SFN8522 (10 GbE) combine a powerful set of features that enable data centers to implement hardware-based micro-segmentation with an enterprise-managed gateway in every server, including:
- Less than 1 microsecond TCP half round trip latency
- Greater than 60 Mpps frame processing rates
- 16 lanes of PCIe Gen 3, with full dual 40 Gb/s sustained bidirectional bandwidth
- Stratum 3E temperature-compensated oscillator
- Flexible layer 2-4 flow processing and flow steering
- Full stateless offload support, including double checksum and reassembly for network overlay protocols
Data centers can now better target multiple business-critical issues including mitigating distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks, data lockdown, data exfiltration, monitoring and capture requirements, precision hardware time stamping and data loss, as well as improving overall system performance. The Flareon Ultra SFN8500 products also incorporate MIFID II readiness, enabling customers to comply with upcoming EU regulatory requirements.
Solarflare’s flexible, configurable range of software options power the SFN8542 and SFN8522, enabling their performance to be optimized according to specific business and application needs. The software options, which can be preconfigured or configured onsite as required, running native operating systems or virtualized, include:
- Ultra-Low Latency to optimize packet flow to and from user applications
- OpenOnload application acceleration, for lower latency and higher transaction rate
- Precision Time hardware time stamping to improve time synchronization and server clock accuracy
- SolarCapture software for improved network monitoring, visibility and security, to help diagnose and troubleshoot network problems such as data leakage and loss
- SolarSecure Filter Engine to offload and rapidly absorb DDoS attacks without degradation of “good” traffic and to provide secure network-based control of data center network flows at every server
“With our new generation of technology we are revolutionizing the way in which enterprises can scale and secure their data centers,” explains Russell Stern, Solarflare President and Chief Executive Officer. “The Flareon Ultra SFN8500 hardware, together with our innovative software, will enable our customers to build out private cloud networks and run the critical applications they were not previously able to. As cyber security becomes the biggest challenge and priority for mission-critical data centers, a number of our customers have already begun using our new products to great impact and we are excited to announce our plans for their general availability.”
The Flareon Ultra SFN8542 and SFN8522, together with the comprehensive suite of software options, will be available in June, via Solarflare’s extensive global range of distributors and value added resellers.