Prometeia, the global leader in Risk Management consulting and software solutions, announced today that ERMAS 5 now leverages the power of the Microsoft SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) in its Dynamic Balance Sheet and P&L Simulation and Funding Plan analyses.
“This is a game changer for our clients in terms of the ability to process simulations and analyses”, comments Massimo Pedroni, Head of International Business in Prometeia. “We are closer to removing the time obstacle when speaking of simulation, improving processing speed to a point where it is not an obstacle to the risk manager.”
The incoming requirements of Integrated Stress Testing, Capital Planning and IFRS9 valuation demand the ability to process increasing volumes of data in a compressed interval of time. The calibration of scenarios and the interpretation of simulation results crucially depend on both accurate calculations at the transaction level and the timely availability simulation results across various scenarios.
The high scalability of the PDW platform allows customers to:
- drastically reduce overall processing time and increase the Bank’s ability to drive efficiency in day-to-day decision making
- run daily processes on an appropriate timescale according to the needs of the user;
- detail the output at single-deal level and re-running processes in the case of errors;
- support reporting systems able to exploit parallelism and reduce the response time for browsing and querying output data;
- perform scenario analyses in both a dynamic and interactive way over very large datasets.
Users of the ERMAS platform will benefit greatly from this cutting-edge technology in high performance computing and Big Data management. The frequency and number of simulations that can be processed will increase in accordance with the reduction in processing time and system unavailability. Hardware will be used more efficiently and multiple environments can be managed more readily.
ERMAS, the new generation of value-centric Risk solutions, is used by over 200 clients in more than 20 different countries to support their critical decisions and to comply with local and international regulatory requirements.