Startupbootcamp InsurTech the leading accelerator focused on insurance, hosts the first Demo Day for the 10 selected Insurtech startups on 14th April. This Demo Day is not only London’s first, but also the first global event recognising the success of 10 InsurTech innovators. Over three months, 10 selected startups collaborated with more than 14 committed partners, a series of mentors, business experts and investors, to build world class InsurTech products that would transform the insurance industry. Startupbootcamp InsurTech invites angel investors, venture capitalists, industry specialists and corporates looking for investment options and partnerships, to watch the startups pitch their refined solutions and interact with each team. The Demo Day’s theme is ‘’Eruption’’. This represents the seismic shifts each startup that has joined the programme aims to ultimately achieve working closely with early adopters in the insurance sector.
More than 250+ of InsurTech startups applied from across 15 countries, for the opportunity to work together with Influential players in the industry within the heart of London’s Financial Square Mile, receive extensive mentoring and exposure to a network of entrepreneurs, investors and Startupbootcamp partners.
As the global insurance market is entering a period of unprecedented change, the InsurTech programme is bringing the latest innovation, digital thinking and customer engagements to the insurance industry, and means for the Startupbootcamp startups to be placed amongst the leading insurance players and network of partners.
The 10 teams are:
- BimaAfya, is a mobile micro health insurance product for the low income and underserved African population
- Buzzmove, a data company, an online price comparison and booking platform for the removals industry and to personalise home insurance
- Covi Analytics, allows insurers to simplify the management of their entire regulatory compliance process on a single platform
- Domotz InsurTech, is a provider of innovative Telematics solutions for the connected home and small business P&C insurance market
- FitSense, helps health and life insurance companies provide better insurance by using data from wearable devices
- massUp, offers an insurance API and transaction shop for small protection insurance to B2B partners.
- Myfuturenow, combines old pension plans into one low cost online account helping people to take control of the planning of their future
- Quantifyle, enables you to use your wellbeing data from wearables and private records to earn tailored and better priced insurance.
- Rightindem, is a self-service total loss claims platform that reduces insurers’ workload & leakage and improves customer service.
- Spixii formerly known as Safer, helps people to know their risks and choose adequate insurance cover.
Sabine VanderLinden states “Our London InsurTech Demo Day will take place on April 14th and will hopefully be a memorable event in the Insurance innovation scene. We want to thank all the supporters of the programme. VanderLinden adds “We are so pleased to have CustomerMatrix, an innovation leader leveraging cognitive computing to create top line revenues, as a sponsor for our Demo Day. Created in 2013, CustomerMatrix is a clear demonstration of what success means in the startup world.”
“Global insurance companies are entering the same digital transformation cycle that banks began 10 years ago. This conference provides the innovation boost insurance companies need to thrive during this digital transformation cycle.” said Pierre Goyeneix, General Manager of EMEA at CustomerMatrix. “The insurance firms who thrive in the future will be connecting the dots across data, customers and partners, by leveraging innovative startup technologies such as Cognitive Computing to deliver customer solutions and revenue acceleration. Europe is an emerging hub of InsuranceTech and Startupbootcamp is on the leading edge of that innovation."