- FIS was honored with three prestigious Stevie Awards, including one for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year.
- FIS President and CEO Gary Norcross received top Gold honors and was named a Maverick of the Year.
The American Business Awards recognized FIS™ (NYSE: FIS), a global leader in financial services technology, three times at its annual awards ceremony in New York City.
Otherwise known as the Stevie® Awards, the American Business Awards are one of the world’s premier business achievement recognitions. FIS and two of its leaders were each honored with one of the prestigious awards:
- FIS received a Silver Stevie Award for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year for a company with more than 2,500 employees.
- Gary Norcross, FIS president & CEO, was recognized as a Gold Stevie Winner in the category of Maverick of the Year.
- Marianne Brown, chief operating officer, Institutional and Wholesale, FIS, was named Bronze Stevie Winner for Woman of the Year.
“To win a Stevie is to be recognized at the top of your profession; to win three is a great honor,” said Ellyn Raftery, chief marketing and communications officer, FIS. “These three awards demonstrate FIS’ strength of leadership and our reputation across the industry.”
Norcross was recognized for leading FIS through the merger of SunGard as well as the implementation of a three-pronged approach to innovation, which includes reinvesting five percent of global revenues in existing products, operating a think tank researching the “art of the possible,” and strategic investments in FinTech startups and disruptors.
Such a deep focus on disrupting the status quo also led to FIS’ overall recognition. In addition to investing money, the company drives innovation through a management consulting think tank that looks 10 years into the future. FIS also tracks several hundred early-stage companies each year and makes investments in those with potential; meanwhile, it has created a Digital Disruption Lab in San Francisco and a Financial Inclusion Lab in India that each work to expand capabilities for the company, its clients and their customers – worldwide.
Awards were presented at the 14th annual American Business Awards banquet, June 20, in New York City.