Enhancements Accelerate the Speed of Application Development and Analytics
MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today unveiled MicroStrategy 10.2, the latest release of its groundbreaking enterprise analytics platform. Made generally available late last month, version 10.2 delivers a collection of enhancements across the entire platform, with a focus on making application development faster.
With the latest release, MicroStrategy 10 Secure Enterprise™ makes it easier for users to build apps and dashboards, find answers, and complete tasks faster. The new features in version 10.2 include simpler D3 visualization workflows and novel collaboration options that allow business analysts to easily add annotations or comments while sharing dashboards via MicroStrategy Desktop™. The release also features customizable home screens with MicroStrategy Web™, reusable themes for documents, replaceable datasets, auto partitioning of in-memory cubes, and more. Features new to MicroStrategy Mobile™ include enhanced drilling, offline prompt support, mobile subscriptions for iOS, and improvements with the native MicroStrategy Mobile app that is also available for Android.
"MicroStrategy 10.2 is a truly innovative and cutting-edge analytics platform," said Paul Zolfaghari, President, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Our enterprise analytics software solution has never been more relevant, powerful, and easy to use for global organizations eager to transform their complex Big Data and analytics projects into actionable business insight. We take great pride in bringing to market a highly stable, agile and feature-rich product, and we're thrilled to share version 10.2 with our customers."
Faster Application Development
Exciting new features make it easier and faster to build applications.
- Reusable document themes. Capture an entire document's formatting, style, and branding, and instantly apply all of the formatting choices across hundreds of other documents and applications. Themes capture formatting for an entire document, or for selected grids, charts, text fields, or selectors. Themes greatly reduce the time to create documents with common formatting.
- Reusable documents on top of new and different data. New in 10.2, users can take existing report services documents and re-wire them to completely new unrelated datasets. Users can rapidly produce new pixel-perfect documents by using existing documents and replacing the underlying data with new data. Dataset replacement enables developers to rapidly build new applications using existing documents as preconfigured application templates.
- Dataset replacement combined with document themes. Empower users with new capabilities to build and deploy hundreds of new and branded applications in a matter of days rather than months. For MicroStrategy partners, 10.2 makes it easy to build entire libraries of pre-configured industry applications, re-wire them to different datasets, and quickly re-brand them with matching custom formatting.
Faster Data Visualization and Analytics
Exciting new features make it easier to get answers.
- Extended D3 visualization galleries. Tap into open source and third party visualization libraries faster with in-product extensions to add and use D3 visualization. 10.2 lets users quickly include new D3 visualizations, charts and graphs, without needing to restart the application.
- Auto-partitioning of cubes. New in 10.2, MicroStrategy automates the partitioning of in-memory cubes for faster parallel processing, selecting the most optimal attribute on which to partition the cube, with faster results from the in-memory data partitioning.
- Custom homepage for MicroStrategy Web. With 10.2, Web users can personalize their homepages to spotlight what matters to them, including visual summaries of their recently viewed reports and dashboards. By building homepages with quick links and thumbnails to frequently or recently accessed reports, users get to their favorite content faster than before. Homepages can be customized with branded images, color themes, multimedia content, videos, social media feeds, and quick links to analytics content.
- Several stability and performance enhancements. MicroStrategy users can now benefit from hundreds of other enhancements across Web, Desktop, Mobile, Server, and administrative tools.
- Annotate and Share. MicroStrategy Desktop in 10.2 allows business users to highlight key metrics, trends or outliers with annotations, and easily share these findings with colleagues. End users can overlay comments on dashboards, and add personalized notes on top of the annotated screenshot of the dashboard and instantly share with other users.
Enhanced Mobile Productivity
- Create subscriptions from mobile. MicroStrategy 10.2 offers business users the flexibility to subscribe to reports and documents, and schedule and manage those subscriptions directly through mobile devices. Previously only available on the Web-based application, this new mobile capability greatly empowers MicroStrategy Mobile users with the ability to proactively gain access to personalized and up-to-date analytics.
- Prompt support in off-line mode. With 10.2, MicroStrategy Mobile supports scenarios and applications that require prompted reports or documents in off-line mode. By saving valid caches for a report or document, this capability greatly enhances personalized mobile applications that are designed to function in the absence of Wi-Fi connectivity.