Hyper-Converged Software-Defined Storage Shatters StorageReview Performance Records
- Dell EMC ScaleIO has been awarded the first-ever Editor’s Choice award by StorageReview, a leading independent authority on enterprise and midmarket storage
- The Editor’s Choice award is judiciously awarded to the “best-of-the-best” storage infrastructure products
- Award was prompted based on ScaleIO’s outstanding results over several months of rigorous testing
- In-depth hyper-converged and two-layer testing shows ScaleIO flexible architecture and high performance on all-flash storage configurations for a variety of workloads
Dell EMC today announced that ScaleIO—the company’s hyper-converged software-defined storage offering—has been awarded StorageReview’s first-ever Editor’s Choice award. Intended for the most leading-edge products, the Editor’s Choice award is a rare honor, and one that ScaleIO earned over several months of intensive testing in the StorageReview lab.
“We were blown away with the Dell EMC ScaleIO solution throughout the review process,” said Brian Beeler, editor-in-chief of StorageReview. “Dell EMC ScaleIO is far and away the most impressive storage solution that we've not only seen this year, but probably ever. The performance, flexibility and reliability of ScaleIO is nothing short of astounding. Over the course of several months, it also made us rethink the way we acknowledge such superior performance. At the conclusion of this phase of the review, we decided to launch a StorageReview Editor's Choice award that will be judiciously granted for only the best-of-the-best products we see.”
“ScaleIO comes down to two words: flexibility and performance,” said Josh Goldstein, VP of product management and marketing for ScaleIO. “The product is architected to be outstanding for block storage at web scale, combining the best of software-defined storage with hyper-convergence to create a lightning-fast solution with a multitude of configurations. We’re delivering simplicity and never-before-seen results while enabling customers to minimize costs—the brass ring for enterprise IT organizations today.”
Notable StorageReview results for ScaleIO:
- On Sysbench OLTP testing with MySQL:
- Scales beyond traditional storage arrays, with throughput and latency significantly better plus the ability to use near 100% of capacity
- “The performance was excellent, easily proving once again that ScaleIO is the leading software-defined solution on the market in terms of performance and flexibility.”
- On SQL Server testing:
- Provides superior resource efficiency while performing much faster than other hyper-converged platforms and slightly edging out FC-connected all-flash storage
- “For customers demanding the highest performing hyper-converged storage solution for SQL Server, ScaleIO just upped the bar again by being the most efficient HCI solution we've ever tested.”
- On virtualized workload testing with VMmark:
- Delivers record-smashing performance with sub-millisecond latency, with only 14% CPU utilization at max scale
- “The most impressive feat though was how well ScaleIO in HCI did, demonstrating how little impact the storage overhead has on the platform.”
- On HCI testing with HCIbench:
- Triples the performance of other hyper-converged platforms, while testing with a significantly larger footprint
- “…[ScaleIO is] able to offer incredible bandwidth – supporting even the most demanding workloads.”
ScaleIO is available in three consumption choices – ScaleIO Software, ScaleIO Ready Node (Software + Dell PowerEdge Server) and VxRack System Flex (turnkey, fully-integrated rack-scale system).
ScaleIO is deployed at datacenter-scale by large enterprises and service providers including top banks, telcos, and healthcare companies.
Dell EMC, a part of Dell Inc., enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services its customers – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s broadest, most innovative infrastructure portfolio from edge to core to cloud.