Thomson Reuters has announced the winners of the second annual Taxologist Awards, a program that recognizes exceptional tax departments and professionals who positively impact their organizations by embracing tax technology.
The winners of the Taxologist Awards were announced at SYNERGY 2015 — a conference for users of Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology — on Nov. 10 in Orlando, Fla. Winners were presented a commemorative trophy and other prizes. The Taxologist of the Year - Corporation winner, Sarah Vance, US tax director, Cummins Inc., was also honored with a $10,000 donation made on her behalf to the school of her choice to benefit the school’s technology-related initiatives.
The Taxologist Awards winners are:
Taxologist of the Year - Corporation
- Sarah Vance, US Tax Director, Cummins Inc.
Taxologist of the Year - Certified Implementer
- Assaf Keshavjee, Director, Deloitte
Innovative Tax Department of the Year
- Andrean Williams, Senior Tax Manager, AMETEK, Inc.
Excellence in Tax Effective Supply Chain Management
- Brian Gardner, Global Indirect Tax Senior Manager, Adobe Systems
Excellence in Tax Research
- Zach Thies, Trust Tax Officer, Dorsey & Whitney Trust Company LLC
Excellence in Tax Process Transformation
- Sheila Carlson, Senior Tax Analyst, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Excellence in Data Management
- Joe May, Director, Tax Compliance, VF Corporation
“In our constantly-changing global tax landscape, the Taxologist Awards winners have proven their value by using technology to transform the efficiency and impact of their departments,” said Joe Harpaz, managing director for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “With the Taxologist Awards, we’re proud to recognize the most outstanding of those efforts and the professionals who achieved them.”