Fidor Bank honored as Model Bank of the Year 2015
Celent announced its Model Bank Award winners for 2015 at its annual Innovation & Insight Day on March 23 at Carnegie Hall. The awards, now in its eighth year, celebrated 19 compelling examples of effective technology usage in banking.
The vision for Celent's Model Bank research is to spotlight effective uses of technology in banking. Nominations were accepted throughout the fall of 2014, and the Celent banking team selected the winners based on the best practices used and business benefits provided.
Fidor Bank was honored as the overall Model Bank of the Year, with eighteen other banks being recognized as Model Banks in five categories, each with an overall category winner.
2015 Model Bank winners:
- Digital Banking: BMO Bank of Montreal, Knab Bank (category winner) and US Bank
- Omnichannel Banking : Central Bancompany, Standard Bank of South Africa (category winner), UMB Bank and Westpac
- Innovation and Emerging Technology: Barclays, Emirates NBD, Maps Credit Union and mBank (category winner)
- Legacy & Ecosystem Transformation: BNY Mellon, Discover and ING Vysya Bank (category winner)
- Payments Innovation: AZN, BBVA, Citibank and Union Bank of the Philippines (category winner)
Celent also released a series of new reports featuring case studies of their Model Bank Award winners for 2015. The reports are authored by Celent's Banking team.
- Fidor: Celent Model Bank of the Year 2015
- Celent Model Bank 2015, Part 1: Case Studies of Digital in Banking
- Celent Model Bank 2015, Part 2: Case Studies of Omnichannel Banking
- Celent Model Bank 2015, Part 3: Case Studies of Innovation and Emerging Technology
- Celent Model Bank 2015, Part 4: Case Studies of Legacy and Ecosystem Transformation in Banking
- Celent Model Bank 2015, Part 5: Case Studies of Payments Innovation in Banking
"Now in its eighth year, participation in Celent Model Bank continues to grow," says Bob Meara , Senior Analyst in Celent's Banking Practice and contributing author to the report series. "This year, Celent received nominations from banks and credit unions in 30 countries spanning 4 continents. Banks are understanding that innovation is no longer optional and are acting accordingly."