SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the general availability of a new release to help banks digitize their core business and unify transactional and analytical processes on a single platform. Banking services 9.0 will enable banks to complete the shift to a real-time, fully digital business model and merge previously siloed functions.
As banks are facing digital disruption by new entrants, it is increasingly important to have accurate, live data that supports smart and accurate decision making. The 9.0 release of banking services uses the SAP HANA® platform to help banks join data streams, conduct real-time analysis and create new products better tailored to customer needs. Faster innovation cycles allow banks to develop new products in days rather than months, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and more innovative services.
“With mounting demands to run their organizations more efficiently, achieve new product innovations faster and provide more personalized service to customers, banks are in need of a new technology backbone that can support all of these tasks simultaneously,” said Falk Rieker, global head of the banking business unit, SAP. “Banking services 9.0 create a digital core, unifying the entire banking lifecycle and setting banks up to be more agile in their business transformation. Banks can go beyond traditional transaction processing and drive end-to-end digitized processes based on a single source of information from planning and execution to prediction and analysis, all in real-time, providing a superior customer experience.”
Built on SAP HANA, banking services 9.0 can scale to meet the highest demands of large-volume environments while eliminating data redundancy and enabling live analytics for any business user. The new release enables banks to take action based on insights from preexisting and new data, regardless of where it is stored.
“A comprehensive view of digital – encompassing customer experience, analytics, automation, and real time – is critical for banks who are serious about increasing their revenues, decreasing their cost base and reducing their risk profile,” said Daniel Latimore, senior vice president of banking, Celent. “Few are capable of undertaking this task on their own today. Working with the right partner is more important than ever.”
The 9.0 release of banking services from SAP sets the digital, real-time foundation for banks to:
- Gain a complete cross-entity view of customer information
- Achieve highly automated, flexible, efficient servicing processes across multiple product types
- Establish a single, simplified catalog of products, enabling faster time to market and easily configurable packages
- Create innovative, bundled product offerings with flexible, relationship-based pricing models
- Conduct comprehensive analytics to support customer-centric and context-based offers
- Unify risk and finance solutions, including accounting for financial instruments (AFI), profitability analysis, credit risk management and liquidity risk management on a single platform
- Comply with regulatory standards, including the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) 239 and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 9
- Simplify planning and reporting processes with an intuitive user interface
- Reduce total cost of ownership with improved lifecycle management
- Reduce total cost of implementation with smart AFI running on SAP HANA to simplify accounting processes, reduce data volume and speed business processes