New Content Management and Publishing Solution Streamlines the Adoption and Publishing of up to 2,900 Standards Annually in Norway
Using MarkLogic, the three standards agencies will develop a platform that will allow them to complete the transition to an agile, all-digital delivery model for standards. The goal is to reduce the lead time for publishing new standards from one month to approximately one day.
The new platform, which will go live later in 2014, will make it possible for the agencies to offer a broader range of products and services to clients, including customized services for individual clients. This was not previously possible because of the inherent complexity of handling vast tracts of data and the associated business rules. A variety of subscription-based business models will be incorporated to manage these new revenue streams.
With MarkLogic 7, they will be better able to manage the huge volumes of rapidly changing metadata, tables, equations, figures and graphics associated with the localization, adoption and publishing of about 2,900 new national, European and International standards annually in Norway. The result will be a more consistent and efficient standardization process.
The three Norwegian standards agencies chose MarkLogic 7 to:
- Develop a publishing platform for the future that automates the production of PDFs and other formats (e.g., HTML, e-books);
- Manage content from all editorial workflow systems using a Web-based system featuring a single XML data repository;
- Handle embedded versioning more efficiently;
- Deliver fully integrated enterprise search and retrieval for both internal team members and end users;
- Provide quick and agile application development, enabling rapid changes to be made to complex big data sets;
- Build additional revenue streams by offering a wider range of products and services to clients.
“We looked at a number of NoSQL vendors but chose MarkLogic because they have a strong heritage in providing database platforms for standards agencies across the world, including ISO,” said Trine Tveter, Managing Director at Standards Norway. “The new platform will let us improve our productivity, significantly enhance the range of products and services we offer to clients, and monetize these assets more effectively using subscription-based payments. With the new solution we aim to reduce the lead time for publishing a new standard from one month to approximately one day.”
MarkLogic 7 is the only schema-agnostic Enterprise NoSQL database that integrates semantics, search and application services with the enterprise features customers require for production applications. Many of the world’s largest publishers are using MarkLogic to transform their businesses. With MarkLogic, organizations can accelerate time to market, optimize data assets and streamline operations, turning data into real revenue.