eFront, the leading software provider of financial solutions for managing alternative investments, announces the latest release of FrontInvest, its flagship product for managing investors, funds and portfolios of alternative investments. A major focus of the new release is helping eFront clients adapt more quickly to changing regulatory and operational environments, which is accomplished with both enhancements and new capabilities. These include a new compliance module as well as improvements in managing real estate investments, easier handling of financial reports from portfolio companies, improved reporting, and more.
This latest release further demonstrates eFront’s commitment to continual technological innovation in the service of general partners, limited partners and fund administrators. “Our industry constantly evolves in response to the market, and, arguably, the most far-reaching recent development has been the global shift toward tighter regulation,” commented Olivier Dellenbach, eFront CEO and founder. “We have responded with new software innovations that will significantly reduce the burden of regulatory compliance as well as the risk of violations. And, we didn’t stop there. This new release greatly expands the capabilities of our products in many key areas so our customers can execute more complex tasks in less time with lower effort.”
FrontInvest 9.0 addresses a wider spectrum of client needs than ever before. The benefits of the new release can be grouped into three key areas:
Regulatory Support and Compliance
The new compliance module is a powerful solution for managing regulatory compliance within the increasingly complex world of regulations in the alternatives space. With this new module, clients can easily create and edit compliance rules, use them to validate the compliance of activities in the system, and immediately notify users of compliance breaches. In addition, a new compliance dashboard provides the user with a visual representation of the current and historical compliance status. This new module, combined with FrontInvest’s robust workflow management and reporting capabilities, will help to reduce the operational burden imposed by regulation.
Some examples of the improvements in FrontInvest 9.0 include:
- Real Estate management has been enhanced with a new CAPEX module which enables managers to calculate calendar payments and expenditures throughout their investment structures to avoid cash requirements and extra costs.
- Advanced performance indicators, such as enhanced PME+, additional TWR with a constant Dietz factor and payment-based IRRs are now supported in our dashboards and calculation engine.
- The enhanced notes module extends the capabilities of deal teams and market analysts to record and access client notes, to stay current on important client developments. The module creates a centralized note taking area that can be used throughout the system. Notes can be tagged for easy retrieval and can contain attachments and hyperlinks, and enhanced distribution features allow users to easily share notes with colleagues or other parties.
- Analytics capabilities have been expanded to include a new treemap chart that displays hierarchical data as a set of nested rectangles, slider filters that can be added to chart data ranges to increase accuracy, support for new and combined data sources and a new operator wizard for easier dashboard building.
End-to-End Process Optimization
New features and enhancements help customers achieve complex tasks in less time with lower effort:
- The Investee Portal includes enhanced monitoring tools to let deal teams view all the data coming into the system from the Portal.
- Risk management now enables clients to use background calculations to prepare overnight batches on different simulations, calculate VaR at different interim periods, and perform stress tests to analyze their portfolios.
- A new and innovative reporting solution provides increased reporting flexibility. It is based on standard SQL language and tools, and includes a WYSIWIG Excel report designer that requires only Excel skills.
- The entire FrontInvest platform has been enhanced to support the latest version of Microsoft Office.
“We’re really excited to bring FrontInvest 9.0 to the market. It has some key innovations and enhancements that make it an even more compelling solution for the market. And when coupled with the overall strength of the eFront product portfolio, FrontInvest 9.0 helps us solidify our position as the market leader in providing software solutions to the alternative investment community,” concludes Olivier Dellenbach, CEO and founder of eFront.