VITA Technologies publication highlights Stratix V VPX platform for time-critical commercial & military applications to "Get a jump on the competition".
BittWare, the leader in Altera-based FPGA COTS boards, announced today that their 6U VPX Channelizer System was chosen as a Primetime Choices product by the editors of VITA Technologies. Targeting a wide variety of applications including satellite, communications, radar and electronic warfare, the 6U VPX channelizer is a fully-tested and configured Stratix V development environment with high-speed data conversion ideal for time-critical applications. The single slot 2U VPX system features BittWare's S5-6U-VPX (S56X) FPGA COTS board utilizes high-density Altera Stratix V GX or GS FPGAs and two VITA 57 FMCs (FPGA Mezzanine Cards) with direct data connections to the on-board FPGAs. An ARM Cortex-A8 handles the control plane interface and processing.
"We are very pleased that VITA Technologies has recognized BittWare's Channelizer System as a Primetime Choice Product," stated Darren Taylor, BittWare Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales & Marketing. "BittWare's goal is to make life easier for our customers. Our Channelizer System does just that, giving our customers access to two Altera Stratix V FPGAs, an ARM Corex-A8 control processor, ADC, DAC, and a 6U VPX rear transition module for access to VPX I/O. All of this is fully integrated with superior software tools for a very seamless design process."
The system arrives tested and configured, speeding up the development process for customer applications. With complete software support including BittWare's FPGA example projects, which enable reconfigurable data routing, the development system allows users to fully design and debug in a flexible environment. Hardware-in-the-loop support for Simulink provides an additional layer of flexibility, allowing rapid control prototyping and other real-time testing.
6U VPX Channelizer System Overview
- 19" 2U rackmount enclosure
- 1-slot backplane
- BittWare Stratix V FPGA-based 6U VPX board
- Two High density Stratix V GX/GS FPGAs
- 800 MHz ARM® Cortex™-A8 control processor
- 48 multi-gigabit transceivers
- Two VITA 57 FMC sites for processing and I/O expansion
- Up to 8 GBytes on-board memory
- Baseboard Management Controller for Intelligent Platform Management
- I/O includes: GigE, SerDes, LVDS, JTAG, RS-232
- 4-channel, up to 5 GSPS, 8-bit ADC
- 2-channel, 5.6 GSPS, 14-bit DAC
- 6U VPX rear transition module for access to VPX I/O
- BittWorks II Development Tools
BittWare's 6U VPX Channelizer System are available and shipping today.