Application Analyzes Capital Adequacy of Banks, Estimates Losses and Assesses Economic Impact of Stress Situations
Prognoz, a global provider of business analytics solutions, today introduced its Macro Prudential Stress Testing (MPST) application. Built on the Prognoz Platform, the powerful Prognoz MPST application is designed to help national banks, banking regulators, financial and banking associations, analytical agencies and financial analysts to estimate losses in the banking sector and identify banks that are most susceptible to crises.
“Now more than ever, the global banking sector is in need of flexible solutions that can assess potential risks and ultimately help prevent economic crises,” said Dmitriy Andrianov, founder and CEO of Prognoz. “The Prognoz MPST application is uniquely positioned to do just that by giving financial experts the ability to easily evaluate bank stability and gauge the impact of major banking risks, so they can decrease economic uncertainty and ultimately mitigate stress situations before they escalate.”
The MPST application uses balance sheet and macro data as well as programmed equations to analyze and predict risk for multiple scenarios. Specifically, the application allows users to:
- Perform advanced stress testing of a country’s banking sector through an efficient macroeconomic approach
- Identify banks around the world that are the most susceptible to stress
- Analyze capital adequacy of the banking sector under turmoil
- Estimate losses caused by major banking risks and financial crises
Using advanced economic and mathematical equations, the Prognoz MPST application reduces the time and effort required to process and analyze financial data and provides a collaborative interface that can host several users concurrently. The application’s approach satisfies the requirements set forth by global banking regulators including the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, and allows for stress testing in five easy steps:
- Prepare balance sheet data in the form of a specialized XLS layout provided within the solution
- Define the macroeconomic parameters of the stress scenario, including the country’s macro-model
- Perform the stress test via a set of economic and mathematical models
- Analyze and assess results
- Prepare reports on the results
The Prognoz MPST application is powered by the cutting-edge analytical, reporting and forecasting tools of the Prognoz Platform and supported by the expertise of the Prognoz team, which has designed and implemented advanced business intelligence solutions for more than 500 public sector, financial and enterprise customers around the world.